Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"Jenny's got a job, a cat named Jake..."

I heard “Something’s Gotta Give” by LeAnn Rimes in the car today and it took me back to the summer of 2005, prior to my older son’s birth. I listened to LeAnn Rimes’ “This Woman” CD so many times that it became the soundtrack of my summer and it also reminds me of my first pregnancy and my last summer without any kids. It’s a great CD. It has a mix of upbeat and somewhat sad songs. I still listen to it from time to time.
I mentioned in a previous post that “Wake Me Up When September Ends” by Green Day reminds me of my first pregnancy, as well. I didn’t mention “Holla Back Girl” by Gwen Stefani though. I used to hear that on the radio all the time and associated it with that time period in my life. I even sang it to my cat.
I don’t even remember what life was like without kids. However, that doesn’t bother me, as I still find ways to stay an individual and I love my kids more than anything. It’s so amazing to see how much my older son has changed and grown in 5 years.
I love being able to reflect upon my life through music.

No comments: