I've decided to do a new blog theme called Funny Friday. It's basically stuff that I find funny and want to share my somewhat crazy humor with you.
5/27/11
"Let's Hear it for the Mall!"
**This contains a spoiler for an episode of "How I Met Your Mother" (season two), so don't proceed any further if you don't want to know.... **
This week, it's all about the mall...or at least the mall song from "How I Met Your Mother."
Only watch this video if you've seen the Slap-Bet episode from season two and know what I'm talking about or if you don't plan to watch the show anyway but still want to know what the heck I'm talking about. (If you didn't heed my spoiler alert and plan on watching the show someday, wait till you get to this episode and have watched it all the way through. Trust me on this.)
Anyway, I not only thought the song was hilariously cheesy and a throwback to "Saved by the Bell," but I loved that the writers created a history for Robin and went as far as making this video to put their point across. Sheer cleverness! The fact that Cobie Smulders agreed to perform this piece of work makes me love her even more. My husband and I still listen to this song all the time and will sing it at random times, as well.
Today, I was in the car on the way to work and was listening to a mix CD which included "Let's Hear it for the Boy" by Deniece Williams. When I heard the opening beats, I thought it was the mall song. Listen to how close they sound. I even told my husband about the similarity and he agreed. It was a funny way to start off my Friday morning.
5/31 update: You can watch the whole episode here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Carter Bays is genius! If you get a chance, go watch the 2014 comic con panel for himym. It's on YouTube. Cobie and NPH sing it during the panel. And the panel was in general awesomeness.
Cobie is bomb. Plus she's the deputy director of Shield. Yes!
Post a Comment