Thursday, October 3, 2013

Comfy and cozy

As for right now, it's the three of us...Froggie, Moma Rock and myself. We may have someone else join us in the future, but for now we're just going to write to our hearts' content.

This week, Froggie chose the topic: Choose your happy.

Before reading ahead, first see what Froggie and Moma Rock had to say on this topic.

For someone who thrives on happiness, I will admit that I had trouble thinking of what to say here. And then, thanks to PureWow, I had an epiphany! They sent me an article about finding the comfier things in life and getting all cozy. I realized that my "happy" comes from being comfortable, both physically and emotionally. They touched on some of the things that I look to for comfort....namely food, books and movies/TV. Of course, there are other things, as well. I figured I'd make my own list of things (aside from people) that make me super comfy (or warm and fuzzy), which makes me really happy.
  • The couch in our living room. It's old and not all that pretty with all the stains that come from having children in the house. However, I have spent hours reading on there and it's my go-to spot for sleeping before bedtime on Shabbat. 
  • This big purple wraparound sweater that a friend gave to me back in 2007. It's meant to be a maternity sweater, but I just wear it around the house on chilly days. 
  • Wearing pajamas, which usually consist of pajama pants and an old T-shirt. Sometimes I'll even wear slippers or my big, fluffy, red robe that my sister got me prior to my wedding. 
  • Comfort foods for me are pasta (especially with cheese on it), chocolate (duh!), popcorn, and matzo ball soup (with homemade matzo balls)...just to name a few. 
  • Comfort beverages for me are hot cocoa (especially with whipped cream on top) and iced tea. 
  • I have too many comfort books to choose from, given that reading is always a comfort to me. I especially enjoy a book that can take me on an armchair adventure. 
  • My comfort music is either country or contemporary jazz (not sure if that's the right name for it). I could listen to Jamie Cullum sing for hours. 
Have you chosen your happy?

1 comment:

Sara said...

This made me want to curl up in a comfortable blanket, and read a good book. :) Great post!