Thursday, December 4, 2014

My kryptonite

Sometimes I only get the chance to blog once a week. And since I can't always get up the motivation to think of a topic, it's nice to have other friends to blog with so we can take turns. I enjoy being challenged to write about stuff that might not normally come to mind and also reading everyone else's thoughts on the same topic. Blog Project 3.0 has been going on for about a year now, even though one of the group members changed after a few months. I love blogging with this group and I hope we can continue to inspire each other.

This week Froggie chose the topic: Unimaginable

First, read what everyone else had to share on this topic:
Darwin Shrugged
Froggie
Moma Rock

Chick Lit Central is currently hosting a giveaway of Dina Silver's latest novel, The Unimaginable. For a bonus question, I asked our readers what is unimaginable to them. One of them said "Life without books would be unimaginable." While I originally had something else in mind to write about, it was a heavier topic and I had trouble tackling it without somehow offending someone. However, this reader hit the nail on the head and I couldn't agree with her more! Take away books from the world and you have tortured me for life. Oddly enough, my son once said that if I ever get in trouble, a good punishment is to have someone take away all my books. (I'm sure the same could apply to him because he also loves to read!)

Anyway, I've talked about my love for books many times. They have been my salvation when I was growing up and dealing with bullies or not having many friends to hang out with. They've also been the reason I've met some of the friends with whom I'm currently close. I can't go a day without having a book to read! And I definitely can't imagine ever not having books in my life. That would be like taking away spinach from Popeye!

Thanks to a meme I found on Facebook recently, I was directed to Bookfessions. There I found some "bookfessions" that really spoke to me. I'm sharing a few of them here so you can truly see why books are so essential to my life.



* 794. People who hate to read scare me. Books have kept me alive.
* 1033. Books are essential to life.
* 1024. Reading has been constant in my life ever since I fell in love with it.
* 997. I actually can't remember a time when I could not read.
* 948. I own so many books that I ended up starting my own library system. (This actually does apply to me and a friend even gave me an embossing stamp for them!)
* 838. I never want to stop reading. I just want to linger on my adventures for as long as I can.
* 828. Being in a bookstore, surrounded by tons of books I want to read, is one of the best feelings I can have.

Having said all this, I want to do a book giveaway. It won't be as big as the giveaways at Chick Lit Central, but maybe it will give a book lover like me something for their collection or will inspire someone to read more often. Whatever the case may be, someone's going to win a book and I hope they'll enjoy it!

How to enter: Use the Rafflecopter. If you have any questions on how it works, please comment below with your contact info and I will e-mail you to answer them. If Rafflecopter is not working on this page, go here to enter.

a Rafflecopter giveaway


Worldwide (e-books will be sent to overseas winner)

10 comments:

Rivki Silver said...

I love books and giveaways! Hooray!

Suzanne said...

I love your blogs! All of them!! Keep writing! You will write a book someday!!

Anonymous said...

Books and animals, especially small ones that fit in my lap (next to the book). Where would I be without them?

Bonnie K. said...

I love reading your blogs. This latest one is right up my alley. Life without books? Shocking!I'd be one of the first that would love to read your book when it happens. Keep plugging away.

bluedawn95864 at gmail dot com

Sara said...

Like you, books have been an intricate part of my world for many, many years. I can't imagine my life without them! What a great post, and I love your comparison with using Popeye! :)

AiringMyLaundry said...

Books make me so happy too!

Oh, and in response to your question on my blog: yes, we saw Big Hero 6 and loved it!

Janine said...

I couldn't imagine life without books either. They have been my escape from reality all of my life. I live and learn through books. My real life is very boring and if it weren't for books, I don't know how I would survive it.

Musings from Me said...

Books make me happy. I always have a stack of books on my nightstand.

Lynne said...

I saw a commercial for Barnes and Noble today and it mad me sad that there aren't many bookstores left. Love them! Thanks for your blog! http://sweetmidlife.com

Lynne said...

Books are wonderful. Thanks for the reminder!
Lynne
http://sweetmidlife.com