Thursday, April 23, 2015

Operation: Procrastination

Sometimes I only get the chance to blog once a week. And since I can't always get up the motivation to think of a topic, it's nice to have other friends to blog with so we can take turns. I enjoy being challenged to write about stuff that might not normally come to mind and also reading everyone else's thoughts on the same topic. Blog Project 3.0 has been going on for over a year, even though one of the group members changed after a few months. I love blogging with this group and I hope we can continue to inspire each other.

This week, Froggie chose the topic:"To Do" items that you keep putting off.

First, read what everyone else had to share on this topic. I will be only posting links to posts on this same topic from my group. So check back if you were hoping to read their blogs and don't see a link yet.

Darwin Shrugged
Froggie
Moma Rock

I tend to be a procrastinator, if that's not already obvious. I get done what I need to, but I also put off things that have been needing attention. Here are some items currently on my "to do" list:

*Take my older son to orthodontist consultations so we can get the ball rolling on the braces process.

*Take my older son and daughter to the audiologist for their cochlear implant mappings and hearing tests.

*Take all three kids to an allergist to get updates on current allergies and find a way to get my younger son's outdoor allergies more under control. Then again, I'd need to find an allergist that is next to a bar because allergist visits require a good drink afterward. For me, of course! The last allergist appointment was so stressful that it is why I'm so behind on getting them to an allergist again. And I need to find a better allergist who is not only good with kids, but also with parents.

*Get my cousin wedding and bridal shower gifts.

*Bake challah again. The last time I made it was well before Pesach and now I'm out of my stash.

*Make bird feeders with the kids that I promised to do after Pesach since it involves Cheerios.

*Catch up on The Big Bang Theory and watch all the shows everyone is telling me to watch...especially House of Cards, Parenthood, and The Goldbergs.

*Read books that were on my TBR list from the beginning of 2014. (To date, I've only read the first two from that pile.) You knew that my "to do" list would have to include reading!

*Catch up on items I've been putting off at work for a while because they're not urgent but probably should be done at some point.

*Donate the clothes and other items that are taking up valuable space in our storage room.

*Write fiction stories! I have the ideas in my head but haven't managed to get them written out yet.

*Clean out my inbox. It's gotten worse since I wrote this post! I went through old e-mails and thought I was making progress, but apparently not... I have been working on a more manageable inbox from another account, but I'm still freaked out to see over 11,000 new messages at my primary account.

What is on YOUR "to do" list?

4 comments:

Denise K. said...

I have such a hard time believing this because you are one of the most organized, on-top-of-it people I know! I refuse to believe you procrastinate! And it's funny -- I also had been putting off the allergist thing for the middle child and FINALLY called the doctor yesterday -- right before I wrote my post!

Janine said...

I used to always stay on top of everything. But it seems the last year or so, I seem to put everything off as long as possible.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Yes, you MUST watch Parenthood and The Goldbergs :) I think you'll like them.

I need to bring my son in to see about braces too.

Sara said...

I can see why you have some items left on your to-do list. Those are big items, the ones that are going to take the most time and effort in completing! Parenthood is an awesome show. I believe it's on Netflix now, too. :)