Darwin Shrugged recently took on my movie remakes topic and did a twist with it...movies that SHOULD be re-made. While I am still against movie remakes, I thought this was a clever idea and there are some movies that could use a do-over.
My top five:
*A Walk to Remember: It was supposed to take place in the 1950s, not the 2000s. That's where it first went wrong. The only thing I liked was Mandy Moore singing "Only Hope." Otherwise, way to ruin what was a really good Nicholas Sparks novel. I cried at the end because I was so appalled by it.
*Frozen: Even though it's animated, maybe if they removed Olaf and just did the story better, making it more compelling and with songs that aren't as catchy so that they won't be played over and over by my kids....
See my thoughts on Frozen right here.
*Star Wars, Episode I: The Phantom Menace: Such an anticipated movie that became a major disappointment. Not only was it boring and didn't really add much to the original trilogy, but it had Jar Jar Binks. Need I say more?!?
Apparently, someone else had the same idea, only they edited the original to compensate for the annoying factors. If you have a little over 90 minutes to spare, check it out.
*Newsies: If this movie didn't have songs, it would have been incredibly boring. I know I'm ragging on Disney twice here, but after seeing the stage musical of Newsies, I think they need to do the Hairspray thing and re-film the movie with the story line and songs from the Broadway version. I could see either Anna Kendrick or Emma Stone as Katherine (who takes place of Bill Pullman's character, Denton).
Here's the Broadway version of "King of New York," which features Katherine:
*Pretty in Pink: It didn't work for me when I was a kid. Then I tried watching it as an adult and found it even more annoying. And that dress at the end? UGH! In my version, Andie would have gotten together with Ducky instead. I always liked him better than Blaine. The only thing I'd keep from the original is "If You Leave" by OMD. That's the only reason I bought the soundtrack.
I just love this song!!!
What movies do you think need a do-over?
Monday, September 21, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Omgosh I love Pretty in Pink. Duckie forever.
I really liked Pretty in Pink- however, I agree with you. Why did she end up with (gag) Blaine? That kissing scene was pretty gnarly. They don't even look as though they are enjoying one another. Ducky was the one for her! And, that dress... shudder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8HQInlblys
I love the soundtrack from a Walk to Remember.
I liked Pretty In Pink. I still like all of those old 80s movies.
Post a Comment