Friday, October 9, 2015
The "Sunshine" of my life
Thanks to Military Wife and Pug Life for nominating me (along with all her other blogger friends) for this fun award. I love Military Wife's blog and we have a lot in common.
Here are the rules:
1) Thank the person who nominated you. **See above.**
2) Share 11 random facts about yourself by answering the nominating blogger's questions.
3) Nominate 11 more bloggers and ask them 11 random questions.
1) What is your favorite fast food meal?
I don't get fast food much in the Kosher world, but there is a quasi-fast food Kosher place by us where I like to get burgers or fried chicken sometimes. Prior to keeping Kosher, a double cheeseburger and fries from Wendy's, followed by a Frosty.
2) What is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
A lot of people have done nice things for me. Some that recently stand out...last year, a friend changed around her birthday plans so I could attend, as I wasn't available the night she originally wanted to go out. Also, my BFF brought over grape juice, challah, and candles so I could do some Shabbat rituals while sitting shiva for my grandma this past summer.
3) If you could have a free round trip ticket to anywhere, where would you go?
Australia.
4) What was your worst first date and why?
I blogged about it here.
5) What is your weirdest habit?
I sing all the time around the house.
6) If you knew you were losing your hearing tomorrow, what would you spend today listening to?
My husband and kids making me laugh, as well as their laughter. And then some of my favorite Broadway soundtracks if there's time left over.
7) Which three famous people would you like to invite to a private dinner party?
Mindy Kaling, Lin-Manuel Miranda, and Tatiana Maslany.
8) What was the last movie that made you cry?
Cinderella (the 2015 version). The same parts get to me every time.
9) Who would play your husband/wife or significant other in the movie of his/her life?
Jason Segel
10) What is your greatest strength?
Remembering lots of random details about people and their interests.
11) Quick, name three things you never leave your home without.
Cell phone, keys, purse
Nominations (Going with some other book bloggers I know):
1. He Said Books or Me
2. Hello...Chick Lit
3. Book Perfume
4. The Book Chick
5. Books, Chocolate, and Wine
6. One Book at a Time
7. Traveling with T
8. Books I Think You Should Read
9. Always with a Book
10. Books Etc.
11. Mrs. Mommy Booknerd
Questions:
1. Which TV show just needs to be cancelled already?
2. What is your favorite 80s song?
3. What is something that never fails to make you laugh?
4. How long could you go without social media access?
5. If you were to do a TED talk, what would it be about?
6. What is your favorite month and why?
7. If you could give advice to someone who just graduated college and is ready for the real world, what would it be?
8. What is something everyone likes that you don't like at all?
9. What is the last book you read that you can't stop recommending?
10. What is something unique about yourself?
11. What is something you do that you'd like to outsource?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Yay for Australia!! Same here!
I'm coming to your private dinner party. :)
Hey, thanks for the nomination! :)
Life has been crazy busy lately so I don't know if I'll have time for a post. I will answer your questions here, though.
1. Which TV show just needs to be cancelled already?
----> New Girl, sadly. It's getting to be not funny yet I keep tuning in :(.
2. What is your favorite 80s song?
---> I was actually born in the '80s, lol (I'm in my late 20s) but there's a ton of great 80s songs. Manic Monday is a good one.
3. What is something that never fails to make you laugh?
---> Cat memes.
4. How long could you go without social media access?
---> Ooh yikes. Probably a week tops.
5. If you were to do a TED talk, what would it be about?
---> Probably social media! Ha.
6. What is your favorite month and why?
---> Sept/Oct, because the weather is still nice but a little cooler (like now).
7. If you could give advice to someone who just graduated college and is ready for the real world, what would it be?
---> Apply for EVERYTHING (all jobs) even ones you think you're not suited for or underqualified for.
8. What is something everyone likes that you don't like at all?
---> Coffee. Hate the taste and smell.
9. What is the last book you read that you can't stop recommending?
---> Maybe In Another Life, by Taylor Jenkins Reid. I gave it 5/5 stars on my blog.
10. What is something unique about yourself?
---> I have hazel eyes that are mostly green, and they have brown spots in them.
11. What is something you do that you'd like to outsource?
---> Probably some of my blog duties - it takes a while to share all my posts on all my social media accounts (FB, Google+, Pinterest, etc.). Speaking of which I just realized I forgot to share my newest movie review on G+, ha - off to go do that!
These are great answers! I didn't know you sing around the house all of the time. I'll have to get you to serenade me the next time I see you. :) Oh, I loved Cinderella so much. xoxo
I love broadway music.
Mm, frostys.
I got you linked on my post! Thanks for doing my tag!!
Now I'll answer YOUR questions (copying Elizabeth Parker up there, lol)
1) The Walking Dead. ENOUGH already. We get it - zombies, angst, fighting, Rick saying "Carl" 500 times, zombies. BORING.
2) Abracadabra by Steve Miller Band. That song always makes me jam out in the car!
3) How I Met Your Mother. Still.
4) I actually went a loooooong time before I got this blog. So years, I'd say. I did miss it tho.
5) Divorce Law and why you should just kill your spouse and not get a divorce. Haha, kidding, but I would definitely talk about how messed up the legal system, especially in the family court realm.
6) Right around December-January is great. I love all the holidays!
7) Enjoy your 20s as much as you can! Don't rush into getting married, don't rush to have kids. Just enjoy yourself. And always leave the door open to opportunities...don't pin yourself down to one life career. You just never know where you'll end up!
8) Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Gross. Barf. Puke.
9) Luckiest Girl Alive. LOVED that.
10) I love to build model airplanes, especially the WWI kind.
11) Cleaning the toilets. Nuff said.
Post a Comment