Thursday, June 9, 2016

That voice!

Blog Project 3.0 has been going on for about two years, even though one of the group members changed after a few months. I love blogging with this group and I hope we can continue to inspire each other.

This week, I chose the topic: Write a tribute to a musician or band.

First, read what everyone else had to share on this topic. I will be only posting links to posts on this same topic from my group. So check back if you were hoping to read their blogs and don't see a link yet.

Darwin Shrugged
Froggie
Moma Rock

After this week, our blog project group is taking some time off for the summer. I'll still be blogging, but on any topic of my choosing at any time I want. :)

Back in 2004, I bought the soundtrack to Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason. There was one voice on there that stood out to me...Jamie Cullum. He was singing a cover of "Everlasting Love." (If you need to get your Colin Firth fix, the link is to a music video from the movie.) A few years later, I started listening to his music more frequently. I can't get enough of his voice. It has an edge to it and yet is so relaxing to listen to. I added all his songs on Spotify to my favorites list and made a Pandora channel based on his music, where he shows up every few songs (interspersed with other singers who have similar styles). I ended up getting his Twentysomething CD, which I listen to in the car when I'm not listening to Hamilton. It helps me get through stressful driving situations and generally puts me in a good mood. Speaking of Hamilton though, through the fan group I created, I recently connected with a woman who worked with Jamie Cullum. That puts me one degree away from him! She said he's really nice, which I'm not surprised about. I'd love to hear him perform in concert. The last time he was out here, the timing didn't work. I hope he'll be back soon though. In the meantime, here are some songs of his that I especially love. Happy listening!

"Wheels":



"Frontin'":



"Mind Trick"



"All at Sea":



"These are the Days":



"Next Year Baby":

4 comments:

Janine said...

I have never heard of Jamie Cullum before, but after listening to the videos you posted, I like him.

Samantha said...

Ohh! Thanks for introducing me to some new music!

AiringMyLaundry said...

I had never heard of him before you mentioned it. I like the videos so I might have to check out some of his music for my playlist.

Sara said...

He's got a beautiful voice!