Thursday, September 12, 2019

Books That I'll [Probably] Never Read Tag

I saw this tag over at Book Coffee Happy, which is one of my favorite book blogs. I decided to give it a whirl. I'm not actually tagging anyone, but feel free to play along at your own blog, if you would like.

A really hyped book that you’re not interested in reading:
The Silent Patient. And Book Coffee Happy confirmed why!



A series you won’t start/won’t be finishing:
Twilight, Hunger Games, 50 Shades, Game of Thrones... (must I go on?)

A classic you’re not interested in:
Anything by Jane Austen. (I'll just watch modernized movie versions, such as Clueless or Bride and Prejudice.) One was assigned for book club and I could barely even make it through the first page!



A book on your shelf you’ll probably never actually read:
The Book Thief. It's been on my shelf forever and I'll probably just see the movie one of these days.



There are other books that are still on my shelf that I've just never gotten around to reading. Sometimes I add an older book into my five-book pile, but still haven't managed to touch these:

*The Goldfinch
*Shanghai Girls

*All the Light We Cannot See (I'm pretty sure this one is just buried somewhere in my basement collection)

What books will you (probably) never read?

2 comments:

Janine said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't read or cares to read Jane Austen.

dstoutholcomb said...

All the more Austen for me. Janeite!

denise