Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Mellies

There has been a lot of great entertainment out in the first decade of the 21st century. I wanted to personally pay homage to some of my favorite TV shows, movies, books and music from 2000-2010 (I'm including 2000 here since it kicked off the new century and millenium and also because I didn't include it in my 90's posts because I feel that way.) I'm doing these as top 10 lists, in no particular order (provided I can think of 10 for each category). So, here we go...

Movies:
1. Where the Heart is (2000)
2. 50 First Dates (2004)
3. Monsters, Inc. (2001)
4. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (2005)
5. A Beautiful Mind (2001)
6. Up (2009)
7. Finding Neverland (2004)
8. Chicago (2003)
9. Stardust (2007)
10. Juno (2007)

Television:
1. Arrested Development
2. Firefly
3. Ugly Betty
4. Desperate Housewives
5. Glee
6. The Office
7. Modern Family
8. American Idol season 8 (because of Adam Lambert)
9. 90210 (the new series)
10. Curb Your Enthusiasm

Songs/Musicians:
1. Adam Lambert
2. Lady Antebellum
3. "Suddenly I See" by K.T. Tunstall
4. "American Ride" by Toby Keith
5. "Hey Ya" by Outkast (reminds me of my honeymoon)
6. Michael Buble
7. Pink
8. Idina Menzel's "I Stand" CD
9. "Love Song" by Sara Bareilles
10. "In the Heights" original Broadway cast recording

Books:
1. "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert
2. "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen
3. "The Hour I First Believed" by Wally Lamb
4. "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini
5. "Second Glance" by Jodi Picoult
6. "Firefly Lane" by Kristin Hannah
7. "In Her Shoes" by Jennifer Weiner
8. "The Opposite of Me" by Sarah Pekkanen
9. "The Undomestic Goddess" by Sophie Kinsella
10. "If You Could See Me Now" by Cecelia Ahern

1 comment:

Janine said...

We have several common favorites :)