Thursday, October 25, 2012

A word from our sponsor

I've been blogging with three fabulous women for a year and a half now and have been enjoying all the fun topics we come up with week after week. If you want to see what we've discussed in the past, check out our posts here.

This week, Mom of Many picked the topic: What is your favorite commercial and why? (If you like more than one, that's ok.)

Before reading ahead, first see what everyone else had to say on this topic:
Froggie
Mom of Many
Moma Rock

I watch a lot of TV, but commercials don't stick with me all that often. Either we skip through them when we can, or I focus on checking e-mails or talking with whomever is in the room. Having said that, there are a few that stick out and I want to share some of those today.

Last year, when one of my close friends came over to watch Glee, we kept seeing this funny commercial for Velveeta cheesy skillets. After that, we kept saying "liquid gold" all the time. This commercial will always make me think of her, even though she lives far away now.



This one is even funnier, after watching the one above.

A while back, I saw this commercial about a monkey with a cold and couldn't stop laughing at how cute the monkey was. My husband teased me about my weird sense of humor and then kept pretending to be the monkey.



Most Super Bowl commercials are entertaining. I don't even watch the actual game, as I care more about what funny ads companies will come up with. Here's a great one from this past year, since I love M&M's and all. Who knew that the red M&M would have predicted Gangnam style dancing!



The "Dear Sophie" ad for Google. It makes me think of how fast my kids are growing and how I wish I did something clever like this. (I do keep lists of their quotes in a private blog for family and very close family friends.) I dare you to watch this commercial and not cry!



This is an oldie, but goodie. I loved this commercial when it came out in the winter of 1998 and I went and bought a performance fleece shirt as a result. I used to think the guy on the chair lift was hot. It's funny watching it now because it seems so cheesy. Still, anything with Carrie Donovan and her dog, Magic, is way better than today's Old Navy ads!



There you have it. I'd love to hear what your all-time favorite commercials are!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Kevin and I love the Liquid Gold commercial too, and do the same thing! LOL! Great post!!!

Tracey said...

I love the commercials you picked! I agree the Google one is very touching, and I will never forget the Old Navy Performance Fleece ones. They were, "Legen- WAIT FOR IT- dary"!