Inspired by One Hundred Names by Cecelia Ahern, I've decided to ask people some thought provoking questions about themselves, as I feel that everyone has a story to tell. If you're just joining me on this journey today, please check out the previous posts from this series, as well.
I met this storyteller through my book blog. I enjoyed learning more about her this way! She is also a book blogger!
Name you'd like to go by: Jennifer
Age: My oldest guessed my age a few years ago and thought that I was 15. My husband promptly made me correct her and told me that I couldn’t lie about my age. With that said I’m 33.
Gender: Female
Location: Atlanta, GA
What is an experience that is legendary for you?
Being a mother is my greatest accomplishment, what I am most proud of and legendary experience. Having both E and B has proven to me that being a mother is like watching your heart exist outside your body and I am constantly amazed at the capacity of a mother to love - you love your child more the next day then you did the day before. My heart stretches a little bigger every day making more room for them. Every day I don't think I could ever love the girls more...and then the next day, I do.
What is your guilty pleasure?
Really really bad reality TV. I’ll admit it – the trashier the show is on Bravo I have probably seen it. I don’t know what it is about those shows. It’s not as if I want drama in my life but it’s soooo good! I just can’t stop watching.
What is something you've never done but you would like to do?
Last night, my husband and E were watching a survivor show (Bear Grylls new show). The contestants were rock climbing and when they reached the summit it was one of the most amazing views I’ve ever seen. Now while I love reality TV, I don’t want to be on a show but I think to have an experience like that -- rock climbing would be breathtaking.
If you could give someone one of your favorite things as a gift, what would it be and why?
It would be the gift of reading. I know it sounds silly. But next to my family, reading is one of my greatest joys and ways to escape. It saddens me greatly that more people don’t read – whether it’s because they don’t have the opportunity or because they’d want to. I can’t imagine my life without books.
What is something you did that changed someone's life?
The day my stepdaughter came into my life at the sweet age of two not only changed my life but changed hers also. Over the past eight years, she has grown into a loving, mature, confident young lady. E is one of the bravest girls – people – I’ve ever met and to know I contributed to one iota takes my breath away.
What part of your personality is now extinct?
I try to look at life as just life -- and not good and bad-- in other words not get caught up in the drama and trauma of emotions. I would like to find peace and serenity in the simple things of life- and to let go of past disturbances- which seem to crop up as a checkpoint to show me how far I've come- or what progress I need to make.
What is one thing that you find really funny?
Having just seen The Hangover Part III I’d have to say those movies. The chemistry between all five characters is priceless. They play off of each other really well and each character is so unique in their personality and mannerisms.
Tell me one thing you love about yourself (or a gift you'd like to get yourself, where money is not an issue):
If money were not an issue, I’d love to travel back to both Ireland and Italy and stay there for a month or so – just soak up the food, the culture, the language. And get a house on the beach.
What TV show, book or movie is most like your life?
Probably the book I Don’t Know How She Does It. I think as a working mom – well as a mom in general – you are constantly striving to find that balance in your life. Yes, I’m that mom who will make homemade baked goods for something at the girls’ school because I can’t stand the thought of turning in store bought cookies. Am I crazy? Probably. :)
What is something that not many people know about you?
I may seem like a very social extrovert, but I’m a big homebody. I love people, but I also need a lot of quiet time at home.
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment