Inspired by One Hundred Names by Cecelia Ahern, I've decided to ask people some thought provoking questions about themselves, as I feel that everyone has a story to tell. If you're just joining me on this journey today, please check out the previous posts from this series, as well.
I almost don't need to say where I met storytellers anymore as like with the past few, I also met this one through my book blog. I definitely like her answer to the second question. A woman after my own heart!
Name you'd like to go by: Jen
Age (or age range): Thirtysomething
Gender: Female
Location: Nebraska
What is an experience that is legendary for you?
Becoming a mom was the most enlightening, enriching experience for me. From pregnancy, to giving birth, and the first 25 months of her life, every moment has been an adventure. I love to blog about my girl and take pictures. I can't imagine a greater adventure.
What is your guilty pleasure?
I am a thrift store addict, mostly for designer, name-brand clothes. I love to find amazing buys!
What is something you've never done but you would like to do?
I'd love to travel to Greece. The food, people, and scenery are so appealing to me. I will go someday!
If you could give someone one of your favorite things as a gift, what would it be and why?
I have two books. :) I would give anyone the book The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay. Taking place during Apartheid in South Africa, it is the story of a young boxer that fights for equal rights. That book is so powerful to me, and I love to share it with others. I would also give people a copy of Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. It is vital for anyone trying to secure their financial future. I recently read it, and it's changed a lot of my thinking.
What is something you did that changed someone's life?
As a middle school teacher, I've had kids and parents come back and tell me that I made in difference in their lives. I always try to find the strengths in a child who struggles. I've had a few kids tell me they started to love to read after my class. That makes me really happy, but if someone feels inspired to reach their own goals, whether it involved reading or not, I'm happy.
What part of your personality is now extinct?
The party girl. I went out almost nightly in college and was still able to work, go to school, and write for the newspaper. If I am not asleep by 11, it's because I am writing or watching Frasier or Big Bang Theory reruns. I'd rather be a mom who goes out occasionally than the girl I once was.
What is one thing that you find really funny?
My kids crack me up. My stepson has the sarcastic teenage sense of humor, and my two year-old is constantly saying funny things as she acquires new language. Lately, she loves to sing anything and everything on the radio, from "Call Me Maybe" to "Thrift Shop" (Uh-oh!)
Tell me one thing you love about yourself (or a gift you'd like to get yourself, where money is not an issue):
I love my ambition. I didn't always like it, but now I feel like I am ready to reach my goals and move ahead! If I could get myself a gift, it'd be an airplane. I love the travel and so does my husband, so it'd be great to fly wherever, whenever!
What TV show, book or movie is most like your life?
We have some similarities with King of Queens, if Carrie was teacher and not as snarky. I can be a little nasty, but she is downright mean more often than not!
What is something that not many people know about you?
I don't have a lot of secrets, but not everyone knows that my first career path was sales. I've sold coupons door-to-door, cars, and mail-order steaks. I love sales and advertising, but teaching is where my heart is.
Wednesday, September 4, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
didn't know the king of queens one! can see that maybe! :)
Post a Comment