In case you missed my thoughts on episodes 1-5, you can find them here. A full episode list can be found here.
Reminder that spoilers are included.
Episode 6, "You Also Have a Pizza": I liked how someone interviewed the inmates about their thoughts on love. Some of the answers were so funny. While this episode seemed to be all over the place, I liked learning more about Poussey's back story. I'm guessing she ended up eventually using her gun and that's the reason she's in prison. The story left off with her dad stopping her one attempt. I wish we could have had subtitles when they were speaking German. They did it for when Gloria was speaking Spanish with people in episode five. I like that she stood up to Taystee in the end. I'm also glad that Leanne stood up to Pennsatucky. That fight seemed pretty random though. I haven't really seen Pennsatucky bossing anyone around lately. She seems more like she's in her own little world. I love Piper's cover-up for why she's asking all the questions and how Healy challenges her to do something with her idea. The intimacy between Bennett and Daya was great this week, and I'm not just talking about their time together in the office. (I'm surprised they didn't get caught.) I hope Bennett doesn't get caught sneaking contraband in though. I'm not sure if his plan is more foolproof than Red's way of doing it. Or Vee's for that matter. The Valentine's Day card from Pornstache to Daya was creepy though. I also don't get why Alex bothered sending Piper a card after she threw her under the bus. Crazy Eyes was pretty much out there in this episode, even though she was fun to watch, but I loved her moment with Morello. It was really sweet. I knew Larry was going to kiss Polly at some point. Of course, that just made things awkward when her husband arrived back home right after. I wonder if Piper will find out what happened. The other awkward moment was when Caputo thought he and Fischer were having a date and she brought a few other guards from the prison, including the guy who does the maintenance stuff. It was so obvious that she was flirting with him. The funny part was the confused old lady showing up at the bar. I don't think she's harmful to anyone since she has no clue what is going on anyway. Caputo's reaction to seeing her was priceless.
Episode 7, "Comic Sans": First of all, how is Vee going to gain anything from having postage stamps? Where and how would she even sell them? I'm very confused about her bartering system. The whole used tampon cases thing was so gross. I don't even know why Cindy even bothers putting up with her anymore. Cindy's back story was interesting, where we find out that her sister is actually her kid. It makes me wonder how old she is because she seems very immature. It was amusing to watch her antics in the airport. I'm guessing she got arrested for stealing stuff? I like that Bennett stood up for himself against Daya's sister and friends. I think putting her sister in SHU was pretty harsh though. Glad Daya called him out on that. However, I hope it was a good scare tactic to get them off his case. I love when Susan was writing a shot for Sister Ingalls. The way she said it was so funny. She does not know how to be mean. The stuff with the newsletter is great. Especially funny when Healy didn't realize the comic strip was making fun of him and he liked it. And Morello is so cute with her beauty column and ideas. The grammar argument was funny too. I had a feeling Polly and Larry would eventually sleep together, but I was hoping for an American Pie moment from Larry (akin to what happened with Jim when he tried to hook up with Nadia and it ended up on video). I wonder what will happen now that Susan found out about Daya being pregnant. I'm nervous for both her and Bennett now! The compassionate dismissal situation was awful, since the woman they let out on the streets is so old and confused. I could see why everyone was upset about it. I'd love to hear her story too.
Episode 8, "Appropriately Sized Pots": First off, I am sad that they let Fischer go. She was my favorite guard. I hope Lauren Lapkus will be seen on other shows. She'd be a great new friend for Mindy on The Mindy Project. (Just saying...) It was nice what Nicky said to her and funny how she acknowledged the flirtation from a few episodes ago but said nothing would come of it anyway. Rosa's story was really interesting and it was sad that she went from this high spirited bank robber to a woman potentially dying of cancer who has lost her looks as a result. I love how she trained the teen cancer patient to steal the drunk nurse's wallet. I liked Piper's outburst in the cafeteria but was hoping for a food fight after Crazy Eyes threw something at her. Then again, she'd end up losing furlough and that wouldn't be good either. I had a feeling her grandma would pass away before she'd get a chance to say goodbye. I hope Red doesn't get caught or get Gloria in trouble for hiding the contraband in the kitchen. The funniest line was when Fig said something about M. Night Shamalama. And the shocker at the end with Pornstache coming back....what was Fig thinking?!? Caputo's raid of the greenhouse was also crazy. I'm glad he didn't find anything.
Episode 9, "40 OZ of Furlough": Pornstache is even skeevier than before. I can't stand looking at him or even hearing him talk. His racist comment to Soso was unacceptable! However, I'm weird about whether Bennett should have said anything to Caputo or not. I get where Daya is coming from, but I also know what Pornstache did in the past and will never get caught for. The back story on Red and Vee was interesting and shed even more light on how terrible Vee truly is and why Red hates her. It was scary what happened to Red a while back when Vee's posse ganged up on her. I was hoping Vee would get caught with cigarettes when Bennett started going through everyone's stuff. (I loved his freakout, by the way.) I do have to give Vee credit for one thing...she has good taste in books. She was reading The Fault in Our Stars. I also liked her interaction with Big Boo later in the episode. I felt bad for Leanne when Pennsatucky attacked her, but I also think everyone is being too hard on Pennsatucky at this point. I like that she has this new arrangement with Healy to talk about anger issues. Piper's time on the outside was interesting because she points out what people take for granted when they're not in prison. I loved her reactions to such simple things and how she got all drunk at the wake and tried to do it with Larry. I'm glad Larry confessed part of what happened while she's been in prison. He couldn't keep that bottled up forever. I found the demise of their relationship to be really sad. Maybe it was the way Larry was looking at Piper or the way they both agreed it was for the best. It just seemed sad that it had to go down that way. It was crazy, but funny, that they turned the funeral into Cal's wedding. I like his wife (Neri) though. She is a good fit for him. I would have been so annoyed with everyone's questions, if I were Piper. It was her grandmother's visitation, not Piper's "home from prison" party. I loved her speech at the funeral and how she broke down at the end of it. It was sad to see Red's store all boarded up at the end.
Stay tuned for my thoughts on episodes 10-13. I'll be so sad when they're over. This has been a great season so far!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment