This week Moma Rock chose the topic: Tell us about your first homecoming/prom/formal... and don't forget the photos! If you didn't go to any high school dances, why not? What did you end up doing instead?
First, read what everyone else had to share on this topic:
Darwin Shrugged
Froggie
Moma Rock
This time around, I will share about a positive memory that came out of not going to a dance. When I was a senior in high school, I did not end up going to the Homecoming dance (amongst the many others I didn't attend). Instead, I went out with two girlfriends for the evening. One of them was a close friend of mine from school. The other was a family friend who had moved to a nearby neighborhood. We saw For Love or Money and then went out for dinner. I just remember hanging out for a while at the restaurant and laughing about random things. The family friend did a great impression of Jackée from 227 and my high school friend and I found it hilarious. It was just a pleasant evening overall and I didn't even feel bad about missing the dance. I'm still friends with both women, even though we mostly talk through Facebook these days.
Sorry this is so short, but I figure that since I said a lot in the post from a few years ago and I don't really have any other positive or negative memories of what I did instead of going to a dance. I probably just babysat when I was younger or stayed home and did nothing. It's all a blur to me.
2 comments:
I guess this comment has more to do with your other blog post about "Will," but it strikes me how we all inevitably look back on something that seemed so important -- prom, who we ask to prom, etc. -- and realize it just really wasn't. Time changes our perspective, and we learn what really matters.
At least you have good memories from not going to the dance, vs. having negative ones if you had gone. While I can say I went to these dances, I don't feel I have many positive memories of them. There's a reason I didn't blog about my prom! I won't even go there!
Post a Comment