Thursday, October 2, 2014

Oh, if life were made of moments....

Sometimes I only get the chance to blog once a week. And since I can't always get up the motivation to think of a topic, it's nice to have other friends to blog with so we can take turns. I enjoy being challenged to write about stuff that might not normally come to mind and also reading everyone else's thoughts on the same topic. Blog Project 3.0 has been going on for about a year now, even though one of the group members changed after a few months. I love blogging with this group and I hope we can continue to inspire each other.

This week Froggie chose the topic: It's that moment where....

First, read what everyone else had to share on this topic:
Darwin Shrugged
Froggie
Moma Rock

I'm in Into the Woods mode at the moment. As soon as I heard the word "moment," I immediately thought of "Moments in the Woods," which I talked about a few months ago on my post about favorite lyrics. In lieu of this, I've decided to just list a series of recent moments from my life.

*It's that moment where you realize during Yom Tov that you forgot to return the kids' library books and they were due that day.

*It's that moment where you decide to schedule your kid's dentist appointment for a ridiculous time of the morning so that you don't have to interrupt your work day.

*It's that moment where you step on the scale and are convinced you lost five pounds in the span of a week, only to realize that it was still balancing itself out and you only actually lost half a pound instead.

*It's that moment where the song "Jumper" by Third Eye Blind randomly pops into your head for no reason.

*It's that moment where the first person who pops up in your Facebook newsfeed is the same one you were telling someone else about.

*It's that moment where you realize you need another set of eyes....or a visit to the optometrist already. And in that same moment, you wonder if you'll look cute in glasses again.

*It's that moment where you realize that the behaviors your kid gets in trouble for are the same ones you display, on a different level.

*It's that moment where you end up reading four different books at around the same time.

*It's that moment where you keep getting distracted by sending e-mails and checking Facebook updates and are taking forever to think of more moments to post about here.

*It's that moment where "Jumper" changed to "Mother Nature's Son" (the Sheryl Crow version from the I am Sam soundtrack), and now that you've thought that, "I'm Looking Through You" (the Wallflowers version from the same soundtrack) replaced that song.

*It's that moment where you turn on Spotify to get the previous two songs out of your head. It seems to be helping and a Toad the Wet Sprocket song even came on!

*It's that moment where you wish you were more productive, but aren't motivated in the slightest.

*It's that moment where you just fantasize about laying on a beach all day with a stack of books and unlimited access to strawberry daiquiris.

*It's that moment where you've decided you said enough about moments in your blog post to reach a satisfactory length.

3 comments:

Sara said...

It's that moment where you're talking about a book with a friend and then you receive a notification re: the author of the book.... ;) this was great!

Denise K. said...

It's that moment when you suggest next week's topic and your co-blogger says she's reading a book in the same vein ... I feel like I just got a brief glimpse into your head! And, of course, I loved it!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Yes! I want to lay on the beach with books and a fruity beverage.