Monday, August 17, 2015

Revisiting my bucket list

I occasionally am inspired to share my bucket list on my blog. The first time I posted my bucket list was in early 2011. Since that time, I have taken my kids to Disney World and I've lost interest in meeting Adam Lambert. (He's cute and a good singer, but I'm well over my crush.) The one thing I do want to keep from that list is my first item, "write a novel." I sometimes write about vacations I want to take, what I'd do with a lot of money or if I thought I wouldn't fail, risks I want to take now that 40 is around the corner, etc.

Today's inspiration comes from author Karma Brown, in the form of a contest!

Some of these items might be from previous lists, but it obviously means that I still want to do these things.

1. Go to Hawaii. I think it would be something really cool to do for my 40th birthday, but I'd probably need a miracle to pull off that kind of trip.
2. Write a novel. I need to get myself back into creative writing in general first. I'm still full of ideas I can't seem to get down on "screen."
3. Take my kids to NYC. The last time they were there, my oldest child was younger than my youngest child is now. That was six years ago. I've been there by myself a couple of times since then, but it would be fun to give them a real New York experience, which would obviously include a Broadway show.
4. Learn how to drive the van. Yes, it has been four and a half years and yes, I'm still afraid.
5. Change my hair color. I'm still leaning toward blonde, like I was when I was a kid, but not sure how it would look on me now. Maybe I'll start with highlights?
6. Put my photos into an album (or two...or three). I have so many on Facebook or on my hard drive and I want my kids to be able to have printed photos to look back upon.
7. See Billy Joel in concert. My friend manages to go to every concert he's done on the east coast and I have yet to see him once.
8. Learn how to decorate a cake. I can bake it just fine, but I can't make it look as pretty as my friend's cakes do. I was telling her recently that my decorations are stick figures made with those icing tubes from the grocery store.
9. Stay in a luxurious hotel. I love the experience of staying at a hotel, but would really enjoy having all the perks that go with it.
10. Have a better organization system. I've lamented many times on how disorganized I am.

This blog post is a contest entry for Harlequin’s Come Away with Me Bucket List Contest located at http://bit.ly/1fhFAhz.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Hawaii is the best. You must go!

AiringMyLaundry said...

I'd be terrified to drive a van too. I like my small car. Tom has a giant truck and when he deploys I just turn it on. People are like, "Aren't you going to drive it around?" NO!

Hawaii is cool. We hope to go back.

Janine said...

I hope you get to do all of these things soon.

Katie {The Mishaps and Mayhem of a Solitary Life} said...

I want to go to Hawaii too!! Some day!! And NYC is great...good luck and have fun with all of these!!