Thursday, November 12, 2015

Books + Broadway = Best time ever!

Blog Project 3.0 has been going on for about two years, even though one of the group members changed after a few months. I love blogging with this group and I hope we can continue to inspire each other.

This week, I chose the topic: Idealize what would be the ultimate "best time ever" for you. (Time and money are not an issue.)

First, read what everyone else had to share on this topic. I will be only posting links to posts on this same topic from my group. So check back if you were hoping to read their blogs and don't see a link yet.

Darwin Shrugged
Froggie
Moma Rock

I got this topic idea from the show Best Time Ever with Neil Patrick Harris. I saw a clip from it and was thinking how I didn't see what he was doing as my opinion of the "best time ever." Oddly enough, Neil was part of one of my best times ever....Book Expo America. This made me think of what would be my ideal "best time ever."

I know a book expo would have to be involved in some way or another. However, it would be a chick lit and women's fiction book expo and all my favorite authors would be there. Some would be flown in from other parts of the world, as well (such as Sophie Kinsella). Also, all my favorite book bloggers would be there so we could connect in person. It would be like Book Buzz, but even better!

With some lovely chick lit authors and bloggers at Book Buzz 2014.

The book expo would take place in New York so that afterward, I could catch a performance of Hamilton, which I really, really, REALLY want to see. All my favorite Broadway stars (and a few other favorite celebrities) would be in the audience. Lin-Manuel Miranda would be performing, of course, and then he'd throw a party afterward, inviting the audience to attend.



Next, I'd take a trip over to Marie's Crisis Cafe because I had an amazing time when I was there this past summer and I'd be in my element standing around a piano with a bunch of gay men singing showtunes. Of course, some of the celebrities who were at the Hamilton performance would show up at Marie's to sing with everyone, as well. Lin-Manuel would make a special appearance at some point in the night.

This is what it's like at Marie's. And they're even singing one of my favorite Les Miz songs in this video.


Finally, I'd crash at the posh hotel I was staying at in an extremely comfortable bed and dream about the amazing day I just had.

I wouldn't specifically invite any friends, but whomever was up for any part of this amazing day would be welcome to join me.

3 comments:

Sara said...

So, can I come along? :) This sounds like such a fun time!

Samantha said...

This sounds awesome!

AiringMyLaundry said...

This sounds like a blast! I'm in!