Friday, November 27, 2015

Let's do the twist--#TwisterBlogHop

I'm participating in a blog hop to talk about best twists in TV shows, movies, or books.Check out all the #TwisterBlogHop posts here. Thanks to Deborah Nam-Krane for hosting this blog hop.

I didn't want to talk about books this time, as to not ruin the plot of some pretty incredible stories. Yeah, I know most people have probably read the one I'm currently thinking of, but I don't even want to imply which book has a twist as to not spoil even that much of it.

This post contains a major spoiler for The Mindy Project. If you have not seen the series, start now and then come back after you finish season three. This post will still be here. All the seasons are currently on Hulu and you can even get a one-month free trial if you just want to get a sneak peek at this show before committing (but you know you will want to commit because it's THAT good).

Need more of a reason to watch?



If you don't already watch, do not read any further if you don't want the spoiler.


LAST CHANCE to turn back!


Don't say I didn't warn you...


All is going swimmingly in season three, even with Mindy being across the country at school and possibly opening a new fertility clinic. In the meantime, she goes back to New York for a visit and has a routine women's exam (awkwardly enough, administered by her friend and colleague, Dr. Peter Prentice). Afterward, the episode is still going at its normal pace, so I don't expect the news she receives at the end of the episode....that she's PREGNANT! Well, I don't know who was more in shock, Mindy or myself. I was sitting on the couch processing the news for quite a while and both laughing and crying. It was quite a game changer for this series and it has definitely taken things in a new direction for both Mindy and Danny. I wonder if there will be more twists in store for season four.

Well played, Mindy. Well played. (Not only is Mindy an incredibly talented comedic actress who deserves an Emmy by now, but she's also an amazing writer!)

3 comments:

Deborah Nam-Krane said...

Ah...I've got a bunch of movies that inspired this blog hop, as well as a handful of books, but television made me draw a blank because if they're not completely twist-driven (which is even worse than plot-driven) a well-written show will usually give you such a great insight into the characters and their universe that most developments won't take your breath away. But this is a good choice; The Mindy Project doesn't include things just to shock the viewers, and this was a genuine surprise that threw the characters for a loop and redefined the show's direction.

Thanks so much for participating!

Samantha said...

Hope you had a great turkey day!!!

AiringMyLaundry said...

I love this show!