Thursday, February 18, 2016

Kiss and tell

Blog Project 3.0 has been going on for about two years, even though one of the group members changed after a few months. I love blogging with this group and I hope we can continue to inspire each other.

This week, Moma Rock chose the topic: That first kiss...

First, read what everyone else had to share on this topic. I will be only posting links to posts on this same topic from my group. So check back if you were hoping to read their blogs and don't see a link yet.

Darwin Shrugged
Froggie
Moma Rock

I'm obviously going to talk about my husband in this post.

When we first started dating, I was afraid to kiss him. I was attracted to him, but I knew that kissing was the point of no return. I become emotionally invested when I kiss someone. So I had to be really sure that what we had was mutual and long-lasting.

On the night of our first real date (since our Barnes and Noble hot cocoa night was the first time we met in person, which can't be construed as a date), we went bowling and then out to dinner. He taught me how to walk with the ball before sending it down the lane. The technique has improved my game a lot! At the time, we were still going to T.G.I. Friday's and it was still my favorite place, so we went there afterward. Then we ended up going back to my condo and watching The Real World: Chicago. (Yes, I used to watch reality TV.) Before he left, he asked for a kiss. I kind of panicked since I thought we would kiss and that would be the end of things. So I gave him this rushed kiss. He claims that my mouth was open so wide that I looked like I was about to devour his face. I still have a hard time believing that.

The next day, we met up for lunch since our offices were down the road from each other. And yes, I will admit that we went to Hooter's. It was there that I explained why I am so hesitant to kiss so soon. That night, he came over again and helped me make dinner for the Valentine's Day party I was having the next night. Then we watched some TV and later Chasing Amy. While we were watching, we were snuggling but I kept trying to avoid our faces being too close so that kissing wouldn't happen yet. Yes, I was that paranoid. I ended up falling asleep during the movie, as I had seen it many times and was exhausted. When I woke up, it was pretty late and I knew he had to leave soon. I was still snuggling with him and he ended up making the first move to kiss me. It was gentle and sweet and somehow radiated trust. Like I knew that things were going to be okay afterward.

He had to go home after that to get ready for his ski trip. I was thinking of him the whole time he was away and we didn't get much of a chance to talk over the next few days.  When he got back that Sunday, I called him as soon as I got done with bowling and he asked me to come over to his condo. Once I got there, we picked up where we left off and have been (mostly) inseparable ever since.

One more thing...about a month later, we went to a Makor Shabbat dinner in the city. He had gone to them before, but it was my first time. After the dinner, there was a social gathering at this one apartment building that had this cool ambience about it. There were also a lot of attractive girls around the same age as me. I was commenting about this on our walk back  to the "L" when he stopped all of a sudden and kissed me. I haven't felt jealous of other girls since then. There were other times I got paranoid about his level of interest in me, but he always turned that around with just a kiss.

Fourteen years later...I still love kissing him.

Photo from sometime during our first year together, taken in Cleveland


4 comments:

Janine said...

What a sweet memory

Sara said...

You two, you're such a wonderful couple! I loved hearing about the first kiss, and I loved your honesty "he claims that my mouth was open so wide that I looked like I was about to devour his face". This made me laugh! It's funny what we remember from various experiences.

AiringMyLaundry said...

What a sweet post!

Anonymous said...

You guys sound so happy! :) I love this post!