It's okay...
*To get my son interested in Hamilton to the point where we sing the songs together and watch videos about it. We came across this funny spoof where this high school is trying to rehearse for a performance. The director reminds me of Will Schuester after drinking a lot of coffee.
*To listen to Hamilton over and over to learn the words better and try to figure out what is going on.
*To want to abandon my "no posts about politics" rule to post about how horrible Donald Drumpf is and why no one should be voting for them if they have a brain in their body. I posted one article that I felt was relevant enough and also deleted all comments related to it, whether positive or negative. I also posted some that involved anti-Semitic comments or ridiculous behaviors from him. This one is really tempting to post...
*To be excited to see Zootopia later this month.
*To be looking forward to my mom and sister's visit soon.
*To have watched Fuller House and liked it.
*To have taken my kids to Turkey Hill Experience for my daughter's fifth birthday. They had a blast! We all got to make our own ice cream flavors in the taste lab.
![]() |
| Family selfie in the taste lab |
*That my younger son will be eight years old soon!
![]() |
| He was just born!!! |
*To write a blog post about writing reviews for authors we're friendly with. (And speaking of which, hosting one such author at my house for Shabbat in a few weeks.)
*To be celebrating 12 years of marriage next week! And to be thankful that my husband is so amazing. Especially after all the dating and marriage horror stories out there.
![]() |
| One of my favorite pics of us from our first year of dating |
*To tell my daughter she's beautiful and smart. I'm sick of all the sanctimonious parental judgment regarding this. I love my daughter and can't look at her without thinking she's beautiful or listen to her without thinking she's smart, and saying it out loud. It's about as instinctual as breathing. If nothing else, it will give her confidence.
*To attend a workshop led by Shasta Nelson, to learn more about "Frientimacy" (forming deeper and more meaningful friendships), which is also the title of her new book.
*To not know what to dress as for Purim, which is in a few weeks.




7 comments:
Happy early Anniversary!!
Happy (early) anniversary!
I liked how you called him, "Donald Drumpf". :) Zootopia was a fun movie, I think you and your family will enjoy it! Happy early anniversary!
My daughter saw Zootopia. It looks like a fun film to see with family.
Yes, Donald Trump is scary. I've been criticized for talking about him, but oh well.
Yay Fuller House!
And we'll be watching Zootopia soon. Maybe on Natalie's birthday.
Happy anniversary. You two look cute together.
It's hard not to post political views right now. The candidates are dishing out so much material to write about!
I always post it's okay on Tuesdays and I can never think of what to write! You did very well on it!
Post a Comment