Blog Project 3.0 has been going on for about two years, even though one of the group members changed after a few months. I love blogging with this group and I hope we can continue to inspire each other.
This week, Froggie chose the topic:
My childhood home
First, read what everyone else had to share on this topic. I will be only posting links to posts on this same topic from my group. So check back if you were hoping to read their blogs and don't see a link yet.
Darwin Shrugged
Froggie
Moma Rock
This topic is a great fit with the new
Full House series,
Fuller House. Everyone is back in the same home from 29 years ago; the one the girls grew up in.
Froggie doesn't know that I wrote about this at my blog a while back. It wasn't for any of our blog projects and I wasn't going to tell her to pick a different topic, as I want to see what everyone else has to say about their homes. However this is going to stay short and sweet and I will include some photos here in the meantime.
See my post from June 29, 2010 titled
"The House that Built Me."
I was looking my childhood home up online and I saw that the last time it was sold to someone was on my birthday in 2011. Interesting timing! I was able to find some images of how the house was updated at that time and will be including them here.
Some of
my childhood pets are in these pictures too. That couldn't be helped!
 |
Updated sun room...carpeting and furniture is different.
They also painted the outside deck white. |
 |
Fireplace in the family room, floor carpeted at the time (early 80s?)
Any guesses as to what is on the TV? |
 |
| View of the family room, featuring Buddy |
 |
| Buddy on the family room couch (taken almost 22 years ago) |
 |
Updated version of our family room...the fireplace is still there
|
 |
| Living room (during my high school graduation party) |
 |
| View of the living room from the stairs, featuring Velvet |
 |
| Updated living room |
 |
| Kitchen, featuring T.J. |
 |
| My sister sitting on the kitchen counter (six years old, I think?) |
 |
| View from the kitchen into the dining room, with the counter that separates the rooms. Featuring T.J. and Velvet |
 |
| Updated version of the kitchen (reminds me of my current kitchen) |
 |
Another view of the kitchen, plus the dining room.
The counter separating the two rooms was removed.
|
 |
| Updated basement...not too much has changed other than furniture and flooring. The paneling on the walls is the same. |
 |
| Office room of the basement, where we had our pinball machine and also kept our computer and TV for the Nintendo. |
 |
| My bedroom in 1992, featuring Buddy |
 |
Another view of my bedroom in 1994
I loved that desk with the gold lamp hanging over it! |
 |
Another view of my bedroom, also in 1994, featuring Cassie.
Not sure why there were garbage bags in the corner. |
 |
Updated version of my bedroom.
(I think it was much cooler when I lived in it!) |
 |
| My sister's bedroom |
 |
My sister's bedroom, featuring Velvet
My kids have that stuffed iguana now! |
 |
| Updated version of my sister's bedroom |
 |
| Buddy and Velvet hanging out on the stairs (front door view) |
 |
They're quite the pair!
(Upstairs hallway view, guest room is behind Buddy) |
7 comments:
I looked at all the pictures but then went and read your older post. I wanted to hear about your house in your words. :) Sounds like a cool place with lots of great memories attached.
That is a cool house. I love the fireplace.
I loved the photo of you, and that outfit, circa 1992! :) I liked the house, too. I love the open concept kitchen area, it looks as though it was a nice, comfy, cozy home for you and your family!
This is too cool! I loved the throwback pics of you!
Thanks for sharing the pictures of your Buffalo Grove house. It's cool that you found the updated pictures. It was like another home to me.
Looks like great memories!
What a trip down memory lane. =)
I just tried looking up my house. No pictures. Not currently for sale. The people that bought it from us got foreclosed on in 2012. :( That is very sad. Google Earth pictures have the house looking like it is still in good condition though! Hope the next set of owners are very happy. I loved that place.
Post a Comment