Thursday, October 27, 2016

Obsession Election

Blog Project 3.0 has been going on for about three years, even though one of the group members changed after a few months. I love blogging with this group and I hope we can continue to inspire each other.

We will be posting bi-weekly as life keeps getting in the way.

This time, I got to choose the topic: Write something fun/humorous about voting/elections, but do not mention anything about our upcoming election/candidates. This is meant to be stress-free and non-controversial.

First, read what everyone else had to share on this topic. I will be only posting links to posts on this same topic from my group. So check back if you were hoping to read their blogs and don't see a link yet.
Darwin Shrugged
Froggie
Moma Rock


I decided to stray from discussing our current election as I am experiencing lots of anxiety every time I go online or look at a magazine cover or anything else. However, it's in less than two weeks and we can't avoid it. So why not have some fun in the meantime?!?

When my friends and I discuss our favorite shows, we usually choose between the two romantic leads and say we're on a specific team. So I thought I'd share my picks from those shows, as well as some other choices I've made, when it comes to things I'm obsessed with.

TV:

Josh vs. Charles (Younger)

I am on #TeamCharles!

Josh vs. Greg (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend)

#TeamGreg all the way!

Rafael vs. Michael (Jane the Virgin)

#TeamRaf...like you even had to ask!

Danny vs. Jody (The Mindy Project)

Definitely on #TeamDanny (although I'm not all that happy with him these days, he's still swoon-worthy)

Books:

Wally Lamb vs. Jodi Picoult

I love both authors as writers and as people. I wish Wally would produce more novels (not sure I like waiting so long between each one) and that all of Jodi's would be as amazing as her latest (there were some that didn't work for me as much as others, sorry to say). I'm undecided on this one. We may need to throw Khaled Hosseini into the mix, even though he has only three books.

Judy Blume vs. Beverly Cleary

They both wrote books I loved and re-read many times. However, I think Judy Blume had more favorites for me to cherish in my youth overall.

Sweet Valley High vs. The Baby-Sitters Club

I enjoyed the gossip and snark from the Sweet Valley teens, but the Baby-Sitters Club series was a comfort read for me and I even wrote fan fiction for it (and plan to write more soon).

Theater:

Hamilton vs. Rent

If I had to choose, if I had to choose...
It's like choosing between my kids. Even though I've never seen Hamilton (but listen to the soundtrack all the time) and have seen Rent countless times, it's still impossible to decide! Should we toss one of my other favorites into the mix to make things even more complex? Perhaps Wicked?

Cosette vs. Eponine (Les Miserables)

It has always been #TeamEponine for me. 

If I had more time, I'd probably do more choices, but this will have to do for now. Maybe I'll do a Disney edition in the future...
Who/what are your choices, if you can relate to anything on this "ballot"?

3 comments:

Denise K. said...

VERY clever take on voting! Sadly, my limited knowledge of current pop culture allows me to vote in only one category, and I, too, choose Beverly Cleary! Fun post, and a great distraction from everything else on social media.

Tracie Banister said...

Love it! I'd much rather debate TV show 'ships than politics. You know that I'm #TeamCharles and #TeamRaf. And I think I'm probably #TeamMindy, because Danny and Jody are both DEAD TO ME. I do like her new male nurse boyfriend, though.

Samantha said...

EPONINE FOREVER!!! Cosette was lame.