![]() |
| Courtesy of IMDb |
I will admit that this was another show I was hesitant to see. I don't listen to true crime podcasts or read true crime books. However, some of my friends who have similar tastes were highly recommending it, so I decided to finally give it a try. I'm really glad I did. Five hours of entertainment went by in a flash, as it's so binge-worthy! While I will share some spoiler thoughts after the trailer, here are a bunch of reasons to check it out, if you haven't already done so. (And those who have will agree with me.)
1. The theme music. It's so catchy and it fits really well with the cartoon intro. It also fits with the mood of the show and gives off a podcast feel. (Not like I'd know, but I'm just guessing at that.)
2. Lots of celebrity guest stars. Sting plays himself! Tina Fey and Nathan Lane are also in it a lot. There are some Broadway stars in smaller roles and it was a fun surprise to see them. (I had even met one in person a long time ago!) Jackie Hoffman is recognizable in her small role too. (She was recently on The Politician.) And Amy Ryan (Holly from The Office) is in it a lot. It's confusing because her name is Jan on this show and someone else played a character named Jan on The Office. (And they even mention Steve Carell's role on The Office in this show.) The biggest celebrity guest surprise is Steve Martin's character's stunt double. I can't say anything more because a friend did not ruin it for me and it was worth the wait. Hilarious!
3. Dan Fogelman, executive producer (and writer) for This is Us, is also the executive producer for this show.
4. It's so funny! Lots of hilarious, laugh-out-loud moments throughout all 10 episodes.
4. It's so funny! Lots of hilarious, laugh-out-loud moments throughout all 10 episodes.
5. There's an episode that is completely silent, told from the perspective of a character who is Deaf. (The actor playing him is Deaf too.)
6. Lots of pop culture references.
7. I love the rapport between the three main characters. I was laughing when they initially bonded over the podcast they were listening to. It reminded me of how I bond with friends over certain shows.
8. It carries the New York vibe really well.
9. The supporting characters are great and the actors fit those roles perfectly.
10. The main point of the show...the mystery factor. It kept me on my toes the entire time and I was trying to guess along with them. Although I'm not a true crime fan, this show was so absorbing!
11. Steve Martin and Martin Short are so great the entire time. It's like being back in the 80s watching them on SNL or in comedic films. I was also thinking of them being in Father of the Bride together. (Who can forget Franck?)
12. It left off at a spot that's perfect for starting a second season, and thankfully it will be coming back! (The link has spoilers.)
Check out the trailer:
Check out the trailer:
Spoilers:
*
*
*
*
*
I did not guess that the murderer would turn out to be who it was. I had my eye on some characters who had blended into the background a bit more, like the guy who lived next door to Charles. My friend guessed it though and I have no idea how! (She said it's a gift. :) ) As soon as they revealed what the one "sex toy" was, my jaw dropped.
I loved, loved, loved Jane Lynch as Charles's stunt double. So unexpected, yet so perfect. She was hilarious and the scenes with her had me roaring with laughter.
The cat in the freezer scene was also really funny.
The two Broadway cameos I recognized were Mandy Gonzalez and Ali Stroker. (Mandy is the one I met.) To me, Mandy is still 25, so I was surprised to see her as Mabel's mom. She's only two years younger than me in real life though.
![]() |
| After seeing In the Heights in 2009 |
I can't wait to find out how Bunny got killed. I didn't see that part coming at all, even though she was so nasty to everyone.
I thought that everything was going to be wrapped up by episode eight, but then had a feeling we were just getting warmed up....
If you've seen this show, I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts by following me.


No comments:
Post a Comment