Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I scream, you scream....

I know this is the coldest time of year and the last thing we should even be thinking about is ice cream. However, I can have ice cream any time of year, regardless of the weather. It's an all time favorite of mine. Even better...with Magic Shell on top! Today, I thought I'd talk about some of my favorite ice cream parlors from the past and present.

*Wizard's: Before DQ had the Blizzard, there was a place called Wizard's that did the same thing. Since this was new and innovative, it was a huge treat.

*TCBY: I loved their frozen yogurt when I was growing up. They had unique flavors and great toppings. No other fro-yo store could compare.

*This ice cream place I went to in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin: When I went to overnight camp, the ice cream place was right down the road and we'd walk there. The ice cream just tasted so amazingly delicious and was served in fresh waffle cones.

*The Peppermint Stick, Long Grove, Illinois: This is where I first started to love peppermint ice cream, which was their trademark flavor.

*Ben and Jerry's: Can't go wrong there! Ever since I first went there, I was hooked. I even walked from the mall to B&J's in a snowstorm, just to satisfy a chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream fix.

*Kilwin's: Whenever we went to St. Joe, Michigan, my husband and I would go there for ice cream. They had some fun flavors and it was hard to choose just one. They also made their waffle cones right in front of the customers. We found other Kilwin's stores in Wisconsin and North Carolina. I know there's one in Annapolis, as well. We haven't been there yet.

*Skipper's: I think this was the name. It was an ice cream store in Florida that had some really cool flavors and each one was delicious. It was a treat to go there when we were on vacation and could find one nearby.

That's all I can think of for now. I usually get Edy's from the grocery store these days, as they have some flavors I can't resist (especially the seasonal ones, like pumpkin and peppermint). Now I have a craving for ice cream, but it's not pregnancy related. :)

No comments: