Friday, December 17, 2010

Top 10 about '10

I did a list of top 10 things about 2009 that made me happy, so now I want to do one about 2010. Here goes:

1. My older son's cochlear implant being more successful than even anticipated.
2. Becoming pregnant again (even though it was hard to appreciate it in the beginning).
3. Chick Lit Central: When I started it earlier this year, I had no idea it would take off in the way it has. I am truly grateful for that. I've made some great friends and had the opportunity to read books I might never have heard of before. I also got to connect with some really sweet and down-to-earth authors and even meet a debut author in person. :)
4. The spa day. It was the ultimate luxurious pleasure and I would do it again in a heartbeat! I even had a dream that someone imagined Heaven to be the spa we went to and I could see why they would think so.
5. Having a wonderful neighbor who has helped us with my older son's before and after school care these past few months.
6. Getting Kevin Smith to sign my book of his screenplays (and the message he wrote).
7. Reuniting with friends I never thought I'd hear from again, thanks to Facebook.
8. Spending the Jewish holiday season with family, as well as some close friends.
9. Snowmageddon 2010: Even though it was an annoyance, it brought us and our neighbors together and it was nice to have no excuse to go out.
10. Getting a brand new oven for free. Who wouldn't be happy about that? :)
10.5. (It's my list so I can add this if I want!) "Modern Family." It never fails to make me laugh!

I'm sure there are other things I'll think of after this has been posted, but it felt like more of a challenge to come up with a list this year.

3 comments:

Stephanie "Pumpkin" said...

Wow--I'm so glad Spa Day made your top 10! I'm honored! :-) We'll have to have it again next year!! Sounds like you have a lot to be grateful for B"H.
Stephanie

wayne said...

I was surprised that Jeff's PMP certication, his new job and the television did not make the list?

Mom and Dad

ps. If these were on your first list please disregard.

Melissa said...

those were things that would make him happy and should be on his list, if he were to make one, but i am very happy for him. the tv is probably one of those things i forgot about because i take it for granted. :)