I started taking up this daily challenge thing through Facebook. However, I don't seem to receive the daily challenges in my e-mail like I'm supposed to. This must have gotten fixed, because I got this challenge today: Share 5 things that are on your bucket list.
It suggested I share it on Facebook or Twitter, but those posts seem to get lost in the shuffle. Instead, I am sharing it on my blog. The funny thing is, another chick lit blog I frequent (chicklitisnotdead.com) always has authors posting their bucket lists. I was thinking of doing something similar for myself and now is the perfect opportunity.
In no particular order, here are 5 things on my bucket list.
1. Write a novel. I have some ideas swimming in my head but have yet to put them on paper (or computer). The publishing world scares me though. Especially after what I've heard from some of the authors with whom I've connected this past year.
2. Travel to Europe. It's a plan I put aside when I became pregnant with my older son. I still would love for it to happen someday. Amsterdam is on my list of places to visit because of a close friend who lives there. It would even be fun to bring the kids so that they could meet her daughter. I also want to go to Italy.
3. Learn how to read and speak Hebrew. I'm halfway there as I can follow along with prayers and recite most my memory. However, I can't have a real conversation in Hebrew because I don't understand most of the translations. I think it would be helpful if I ever were to go back to Israel.
4. Meet Adam Lambert in person. Can you tell that this is something I really really really want? I'm such a 13 year-old sometimes! :)
5. Take my kids to Disney World. I know Disney World is super expensive these days and getting away on a trip anytime soon is nearly impossible, but I'd like to be able to do this for them. My parents wanted us to go with them on some timeshare deal, but the timing never worked out...either it was too close to the high holidays or I was having a baby or we were moving...something was always going on. However, I get misty eyed when I watch those commercials where parents tell their kids that they're going to Disneyland or Disney World. I wouldn't mind going to Disneyland, but living on the east coast makes a potential road trip a lot easier to plan if flying is too much of a hassle. I used to go there with my family when I was younger and I always loved it. I can't imagine my kids growing up and saying they've never been to a Disney park.
On this challenge, there was a second step....
Next step: Write down one dream on your bucket list, along with one step you can take this year to make it closer to coming true.
I think the easiest would be to write a novel, as I have nothing keeping me from writing down at least one of my ideas. I think the first step could be to write out a summary of my ideas and see what sounds better on paper.
Thanks for listening. I'd love to see your bucket lists!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This was very interesting and it pretty neat that we have a few of the same things on our list. .
My bucket list (regardless if they all happen or not, at least
I have dreams)
Meet and marry a wonderful man and adopt or at least become a foster parents for children who need loving parents and a family
Travel the country via a road trip and to Disney World and most importantly get my picture taken with my favorite Disney characters
Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Donald Duck and lots of princes
Write my memoirs or a semi nonfiction story of my life
as a book to inspire others and open the mind of some
Meet Adam Lambert, Ellen DeGeneres and Jon Stewart, have my picture taken with each of them and thank them. Thank Ellen and Jon for their inspiration and making me laugh. Thank Adam for spicing up my life and making me feel
ALIVE and good when I hear his voice singing
Go horseback riding in the spring
Travel to New York to see all my relatives out there and
bring two of my nieces who I know would love the experience and see a fantastic play on Broadway
Post a Comment