Friday, January 13, 2012

My gift is (not) my song

Earlier this week, a girl posted a video to YouTube, where she sings a song to Jason Segel. It made me think of the David Duchovny song that came out in the late 90’s, along with “Forgetful Lucy” from “50 First Dates.” In any case, upon seeing that video, he took her to some awards presentation in Chicago. While I’m super duper (as my kids would say) jealous of her, It also reaffirms my belief that Jason Segel is good to his fans.

I do not play guitar (although my younger son does), nor do I like how I look or sound on video. Therefore, I can not really contact Jason Segel through that type of media. However, I am a damn good writer, if I don’t say so myself. So hopefully the written word will have some effect, or I’ll be remembered in some way by this post. I also need you to keep in mind that while I have a celebrity crush on Jason Segel, I do not want to date or marry him. I’m happily married and more in love with my husband as each day passes. Seeing Jason Segel as Marshall (and how he treats Lily) somehow reminds me of this fact. In any case, I just want to MEET him in person and tell him how freaking awesome he is.

So, Jason Segel, if you are reading this and just happen to be visiting the DC area, I would LOVE to meet you. My husband would too, I’m sure. (If anything, you could teach him how to do an Andre the Giant impression so we could complete our “Princess Bride” re-enactments.) And if you have anyone else from the cast of “How I Met Your Mother” with you, I’d love to meet them too. If Neil Patrick Harris joins you, we could all sing "Les Miz" songs together. :) You (and anyone else with you) could come over for a BBQ (at least Marshall sure seems to like them) and I could contribute my amazing ice cream pies for dessert. We could all play board games too (we have tons of good ones). That’s really all. I know it’s not as exciting as a song on YouTube, but I hope you’re open to meeting someone who is currently going through HIMYM withdrawal until the next episode premieres (thankfully soon).

Thanks for your consideration,
Melissa (a.k.a. Merrylandgirl or @eema2emma)

1 comment:

meandmom said...

I feel the same way about the baseball player, David Cone. I've actually spoken with him a couple times too at card shows (although we were never formally introduced and he doesn't know my name or anything), and he was just as nice as I thought he would be.