Thursday, January 12, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things...

Remember the blog project I did last year with three other women? Well, Froggie decided to resurrect it with me and we each got to invite another friend to join us. She invited a mutual friend (someone I met through her) and I invited a friend whose blog I really enjoy reading. So now it's Froggie, Mom of Many, Moma Rock and Merrylandgirl. Hope you enjoy the topics that we'll be exploring!

This week, I picked the topic: Oprah used to give away her "favorite things" on her show. If you were to do a show where you could give people your "favorite things," what would you include and how would you present it?

Before reading ahead, first see what everyone else had to say on this topic:
Froggie
Mom of Many
Moma Rock

I am a girl of many favorites. I seek out things to enjoy and then take them for all they're worth. :) If I were to do a show where I gave people my favorite things in nice little packages, this is what I'd do (keeping in mind this is all hypothetical):

*"How I Met Your Mother" is my favorite show these days (sorry, "Glee"). Therefore, I'd give someone the first six seasons on DVD and a voucher to get the seventh season once that's released on DVD, as well.

*I love Vanilla Almond Special K so much that I subscribed to it on Amazon. I get four big boxes once a month and then I'll buy extras when I find it on sale. I would give someone else a year-long subscription to this delicious morning treat so they too could experience a good breakfast!

*I'm a bookaholic, so I'd give someone a $500 gift card to Barnes and Noble. That way they could purchase their own books and build up their library the way I've built up mine.

*I'm also a chocoholic and M&M's are my favorite candy. I'd take someone to the M&M store in NYC and let them make a gallon-sized bag of whatever M&M colors they wanted.

*I love going to the movie theater, so I'd get someone movie passes to go at least once a month for a year at Regal Cinemas, which is a really nice theater. (That's way more than I get to go these days.)

*Along with that, I would share a DVD pack of my favorite movies, including "Where the Heart is," "Sing," "50 First Dates," "The Princess Bride," and "The Lion King."

*I also love Broadway musicals and would purchase an ultimate Broadway weekend package for someone, so they could see as many shows as possible in the span of a few days. It would include "Rent" (which is coming back to Broadway) and "Wicked."

*I'm a big fan of mint tea. The best is Tazo Refresh. I stock up on it when it goes on sale at Target. I would give someone a year's supply of Tazo Refresh tea. It's just that good!

*Finally, since I'm all about country music, I'd give a country sampler pack of CDs that had all my favorite singers and groups, including The Band Perry, Rascal Flatts, Lady Antebellum, Martina McBride, Sugarland, etc.

I have a broad array of tastes and many other things that I love, but if I had to make a list, I'd be here forever! I also wasn't including all the people I love, as I don't want to give them away. :) I'd love to hear about your favorite things though!

2 comments:

Sara said...

All fantastic giveaways! :)

Sarah said...

Don't worry about dissing Glee--I think they are used to it by now.