Remember the blog project I did in 2010 with three other women? Well, Froggie decided to resurrect it with me and we each got to invite another friend to join us. She invited a mutual friend (someone I met through her) and I invited a friend whose blog I really enjoy reading. So now it's Froggie, Mom of Many, Moma Rock and Merrylandgirl. Hope you enjoy the topics that we'll be exploring!
This week, I picked the topic: What are the top 10 songs that are "must-haves" on your playlist? For each song, give a reason why.
Before reading ahead, first see what everyone else had to say on this topic:
Froggie
Mom of Many
Moma Rock
I recently read "The Song Remains the Same" by Allison Winn Scotch and it features the playlist of the main character. The songs are talked about throughout the story in regards to how they relate to her life. Then I was working with another author who was talking about a playlist for her first novel. So this made me think of what I'd want on my playlist and also made me wonder about the songs that have personal meaning to the ladies in this blog project group. Here's my playlist top 10 "must-haves":
"Who Will Save Your Soul?" Jewel: This song saved my sanity the summer my first boyfriend and I broke up and I was working at a certain horrible restaurant. I'd listen to Jewel's cassette (yes, this was in the 90's) every day and it would make me feel better about everything. "Who will save..." was the first song and I still love the way it sounds. I was quite the Jewel fan during and after that summer.
"My Favorite Mistake," Sheryl Crow: I don't know what it is about this song that speaks to me, but I love the blend of guitar and Sheryl's voice. It has that laid back late 90's feel that goes along with me making my way into the grown-up world.
"Don't Ask Me Why," Billy Joel: A staple of the 80's. Probably one of my favorite Billy Joel songs. I love all the lines in it. It has a great tune, as well.
"Seasons of Love," OBC of "Rent": Do I even need to explain this one? If so, then you really don't know me!
"Something About You," Level 42: One of my all time favorite 80's songs, but I appreciated it more in the 90's. Go figure. It reminds me of my carefree days of being a kid.
"Right Back to Where We Started From," Maxine Nightingale: My first theme song. Read more about it here.
"Front Porch Looking In," Lone Star: This is such a sweet song about family and it makes me think of the little things that I love so much about my husband and kids.
"American Ride," Toby Keith: Reminds me of my move to a great place in the summer of 2009.
"Learnin' the Blues," Frank Sinatra: I sing this song all the time for some reason. I think it reminds me of my late paternal grandpa or something.
"Bohemian Rhapsody," Queen: Reminds me of my high school days and how I spent a weekend trying to memorize it. I still love singing along to it. And I always think of "Wayne's World" when I hear it. :)
There are so many other songs I could put on this list. I thought this post would be easy, but it really was quite a challenge. I can't be without music though. I love listening to the radio, CDs, Spotify, etc. I also love singing whenever possible. It's so invigorating!
Thursday, May 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We share some similar interests in music- Jewel and Sheryl Crow seem to always pop up on my play lists!
LOVE "Don't Ask Me Why." Billy Joel's "Glass Houses" was my first concert. I was in 5th grade. Saw him again when we were both older -- he was still awesome! Makes me think about what my soundtrack would be (yes, it would feature much Bon Jovi ...)
Post a Comment