Wednesday, April 17, 2013

52 Stories: Time is of the essence

Inspired by One Hundred Names by Cecelia Ahern, I've decided to ask people some thought provoking questions about themselves, as I feel that everyone has a story to tell. If you're just joining me on this journey today, please check out the previous posts from this series, as well.

I met this storyteller on Twitter, as I saw she also has a book blog. She seemed really fascinating, so I invited her to participate in "52 Stories" and I'm glad she did!

Name you'd like to go by: Jovon Tucker but my maiden name was Maxwell. My nickname since fifth grade is Jo.
Age: 26 years young
Gender: Female
Location: Alabama...but I'm from NY. I moved here 5 years ago and hope ti go back sometime!

What is an experience that is legendary for you?
Oooh, great question! I'm sorry I am too torn to have just one!

1. When I was 18 I had the opportunity to go and film a documentary for a charity in Romania through my college. I was in Romania for 2 weeks and in between filming I was able to help build and extra bathroom for an elderly home housing 80 people with one bathroom. I helped paint a gymnasium for a middle school and make it a brighter learning environment. I went to an orphanage for children with HIV and aides. I had the time of my life? Met great people and saw so many amazing sights!

2. One day in September of 2011, after never wanting anything to do with G-d or the Bible or church...I randomly picked up a bible in a bookstore and started really reading it and liking it. Very weird of me at that time. Three days later, for no reason at all, after being told I wouldn't be able to conceive, I took a pregnancy test. I just felt it was a sign from G-d and began going to church. I miscarried a month later because of an accident but last March I was saved! I feel I found G-d because he knew I'd need him during that rough time. This is a happy story though because I know it can will eventually happen...if it's supposed to happen it will, you know?

3. On Mother's Day in 2012, I married the absolute love of my life. I walked down the isle to "1,000 Years" by Christina Perry. I was cool, calm and collected through all planning up until half an hour before the ceremony. The doors opened and there I saw him. I can't even remember who was at my wedding (thank God for photos!) I had tunnel vision for my hubby, Robert!

4. Robert and I became foster parents in October of this year! We have a little boy right now and he's totally amazing! It's an adventure everyday!


What is your guilty pleasure?
Reading! I love love love to read! You can go anywhere and any when when you read! It's my form of escape and I love it! That and warm pita bread and garlic roasted red pepper hummus! Yum!  

What is something you've never done but you would like to do?
I want to touch the pyramids of Egypt! I want to experience what it's like to feel life inside me! Bucket list item that I got to do!! I swam with wild dolphins last summer! OMG amazing!!

If you could give someone one of your favorite things as a gift, what would it be and why?
I know this may be super corny but I would and love to give anyone my time! I almost never have cash to lend anyone but I'll paint your house, I'll move ya, I'll give you the shoes I'm wearing if you needed them!

What part of your personality is now extinct?
My carefree, have nothing to worry about at all ever. However that usually ends when you grow up and have to pay for stuff yourself. LOL!

What is one thing that you find really funny?
"It's peanut butter jelly time, it's peanut butter jelly time! Peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly and a baseball bat!"

Tell me one thing you love about yourself (or a gift you'd like to get yourself, where money is not an issue):
Hmmmm....I love that my vocabulary becomes better than any author when I get really mad. It doesn't get vulgar but I'll use awesome thesaurus words!

What TV show, book or movie is most like your life?
Actually I just read this book a week ago and now because it's so like my life in a lot of ways it's now my all time favorite! RETURN TO ME by Justina Chen is so intensely moving and powerful! It's about this young girl who's father upends his family with a move and affair and now she has huge decisions to make regarding her future while handling her father's huge betrayal. I loved it an think it's a must read for every gender of any age!

What is something that not many people know about you?
I love geocaching!! If you don't know what it is...GOOGLE it! It's awesome to find little treasures from strangers. The best part is the hunt of course! Also, even though I'm completely tone deaf, I live to sing. So much so that I'll randomly start singing my sentences and continue all day. I sing to my husband that it's impossible to understand him unless he too sings. It's hilarious when gets into it too, LOL. Also, I have a HUGE addiction to flour tortillas and garlic roasted red pepper hummus!

No comments: