Inspired by One Hundred Names by Cecelia Ahern, I've decided to ask people some thought provoking questions about themselves, as I feel that everyone has a story to tell. If you're just joining me on this journey today, please check out the previous posts from this series, as well.
I met this storyteller when her book was featured on BookTrib and I wanted to her to talk about it on my book blog. I got to know her through her interview and book and found out that we have a lot of common interests. To honor her best friend's memory, she once did 52 resolutions and blogged about them, as well. I think she's gone down to 12 resolutions (one a month) since then, but it's still very inspiring!
Name you'd like to go by: Bree Housley
Age: 34
Gender: Lady
Location: Chicago
What is an experience that is legendary for you?
I went to a party at the Playboy Mansion when I was 25. I was in LA during a commercial shoot and my producer’s dad had a connection that resulted in an invite. (He helped build the freaking Grotto.) I didn’t see Hugh Hefner, but I did meet INXS and that “dreamy” kid from Desperate Housewives. And saw boobs. Lots of painted boobs.
What is your guilty pleasure?
Sitting in my flannel pajamas, sans shower, watching hours and hours of television. I prefer marathons (not the running kind), but anything will do.
What is something you've never done but you would like to do?
I’d LOVE to go to the Oscars. Especially if I could sit by Meryl Streep and snark about everyone else. We would be BFFs for sure. (Or if I could sit by Ewan McGregor just because he is my movie star boyfriend.)
If you could give someone one of your favorite things as a gift, what would it be and why?
I would give my entire music collection to my friend Kerry because she is always asking for music recommendations. And she is one of the only people who wouldn’t judge my taste in music. I like cool, indie music, but I’m also a sucker for Britney and the soundtrack to Newsies.
What is something you did that changed someone's life?
My childhood best friend died from complications caused by preeclampsia and I wrote a memoir about it. I’ve received emails from other young people who are in the process of grieving a friend, and they said that my book made them look at the situation in a new, more positive light. Meant the world to me.
What part of your personality is now extinct?
I was an accidental prude as a youngster. I was just so scared of everything. I was afraid I’d get caught drinking so I didn’t drink until I was 21. I was afraid of getting pregnant before marriage so I didn’t have sex until I was 23. I didn’t even cuss until adulthood because I was afraid of getting my mouth washed out with soap (which I did once for saying “that sucks.”) Now I’m a cussing, drinking, sex-haver and I love it.
What is one thing that you find really funny?
People falling during yoga.
Tell me one thing you love about yourself (or a gift you'd like to get yourself, where money is not an issue):
I love that I prefer the cheap version of everything. Purses, food, shoes, jewelry. I didn’t grow up with money so I never really developed that need for the “finest” of anything. Sure, I’ll splurge on a fancy restaurant every once in awhile, but I’m usually 100% happy with Kraft Mac n Cheese.
What TV show, book or movie is most like your life?
This one is tough. I suppose I relate to Happy Endings quite a bit. The characters live in Chicago and are still trying to figure out who they are…while also being completely themselves. If that makes any sense.
What is something that not many people know about you?
I’ll go to a horror movie in the theater to seem tough and cool, but I stare at the chair in front of me instead of the screen on the scary parts.
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment