Wednesday, May 22, 2013

52 Stories: Where there's a "Will," there's a way...

Inspired by One Hundred Names by Cecelia Ahern, I've decided to ask people some thought provoking questions about themselves, as I feel that everyone has a story to tell. If you're just joining me on this journey today, please check out the previous posts from this series, as well.

I've known this storyteller since I was 17 and refer to him as "Will." You can read more about our friendship here. I haven't seen him in almost four years (given we live on opposite sides of the country), but it still feels like we just hung out yesterday. He's close with my sister, as well, and I'm glad they have such a great friendship. He's someone very special to me and I hope you will enjoy learning about him in this way.

Name you'd like to go by: Daveed R.
Age (or age range): 30something
Gender: Male
Location: Orange County, CA

What is an experience that is legendary for you? 
 Last year, I won tickets to the Grammys, but not only that, I also won a trip into the VIP gift room. It was an experience to last a lifetime that I will never forget.

What is your guilty pleasure?
Chocolate (Dark) and eating it regularly!

What is something you've never done but you would like to do? 
 Go to Hawaii with a significant other. :-)

If you could give someone one of your favorite things as a gift, what would it be and why? 
Good music. It soothes the soul, especially in live performance.

What is something you did that changed someone's life? 
I have brought music to people at times of great need and also at times of great joy. These are intimate moments that I get to be a part of because of my job as a cantor (Jewish clergy).

What part of your personality is now extinct? 
I think all parts of my personality are always there, even if they lie dormant.

What is one thing that you find really funny? 
Margaret Cho-- well her old standup. She got pretty raunchy in recent years, crossing over the lines, but I still love her.

Tell me one thing you love about yourself (or a gift you'd like to get yourself, where money is not an issue):
 My love for so many diverse things in life, in culture, in the world. I have an insatiable desire to learn and keep experiencing new things.

What TV show, book or movie is most like your life? 
 The Wonder Years

What is something that not many people know about you? 
I have a super goofy side and a more serious side, so if people only know one or the other, they don't know me fully.

No comments: