Inspired by One Hundred Names by Cecelia Ahern, I've decided to ask people some thought provoking questions about themselves, as I feel that everyone has a story to tell. If you're just joining me on this journey today, please check out the previous posts from this series, as well.
This storyteller posted some comments on my book blog a while back and seemed friendly, so I invited her to participate in 52 Stories. I'm just jealous that she lives in the heart of the country music scene!
Name you'd like to go by: Ashley Schneider
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Location: Nashville, TN
What is an experience that is legendary for you?
Immediately, the concerts I have seen with my dad come to mind. Classic rockers of a different generation who can still put on an amazing show. Watching my dad sing every word to each song preformed by The Who, rocking out in the July heat at a U2 concert, witnessing the lifelong Bruce Springsteen fans lift their fists in unison, as if in a cult, to specific songs and so many more. Being in the moment with him, seeing the lights and feeling the music - you only get a handful of chances to do that and I jump at each and every one.
What is your guilty pleasure?
MTV reality shows. I am probably outside of their target demographic, but I still watch a good number of their shows. Not all of them, though - a girl's gotta have standards.
What is something you've never done but you would like to do?
Be a diving girl in a diving horse performance - like in Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken.
If you could give someone one of your favorite things as a gift, what would it be and why?
Hair powder - makes dirty hair and really dirty hair acceptable. Those Victorian period people were on to something. See, trends really do come back.
What is something you did that changed someone's life?
Probably singing a solo in high school, pretty sure a lot of people decided not to sign up for choir after that.
What part of your personality is now extinct?
I'd like to say that I am not nearly as bossy, but I received a text this morning that said "Someone has on their bossy pants today." so....
What is one thing that you find really funny?
When people fall down (unless they're elderly).
Tell me one thing you love about yourself (or a gift you'd like to get yourself, where money is not an issue):
I like that I am up for anything and will try pretty much anything (legal) once. I love being active and adventurous.
What TV show, book or movie is most like your life?
The Mindy Project on Fox. Mindy Kaling wrote her character "Mindy" brilliantly. Any woman in her 30s with a successful career, crazy dating life and hilarious friends can relate. She is hysterically funny and so relatable. You are either Mindy or you have a best friend just like her.
What is something that not many people know about you?
I hate opening ziplock bags because if the knuckles on my thumbs touch is gives me the willies.
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment