Friday, December 29, 2017

List-a-Mania 2017

I've decided to take inventory of some past lists I've made, and do some updates. Hoping for more fun and entertainment in 2018!

Celebrity bucket list:
1. Lin-Manuel Miranda, as always
2. Mindy Kaling
3. The cast of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (along with Santino Fontana)
4. Jamie Cullum (I'd be happy just to hear him perform live, at this rate.)
5. Sophie Kinsella (I'm hoping she'll come back to the US one of these days and stop in my neck of the woods. She didn't include my area on her tour last time and I was so jealous of people who got to meet her.)
6. The cast of Stranger Things
7. Tatiana Maslany (even though Orphan Black has ended, she's still fabulous)
UPDATE: I can't believe I forgot to include Randy Rainbow! I would love to meet him.

Top Five Favorite Movies that I saw in 2017
You can see how many movies I watch with my kids these days...

1. Beauty and the Beast
2. Wonder
3. Coco
4. The Greatest Showman
5. The Big Sick

My favorite new TV shows (shows I started watching in 2017):

1. The OA
2. The Bold Type
3. Will and Grace (reboot...it counts!)
4. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
5. Soon By You (web series with only 5 episodes, but it's just so addictive!)

Top Ten Favorite Books I read in 2017. (Some may be from previous years or publishing in 2018.)
I've shared my top five chick lit favorites at Chick Lit Central (as Melissa A). I read so many amazing books this year and am sad to have to narrow it down at all. I'm too lazy to put in my review links, so just trust me on this!

1. The Life She Was Given by Ellen Marie Wiseman
2. Beautiful Messy Love by Tess Woods
3. No Time to Blink by Dina Silver
4. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
5. This Is How It Always Is by Laurie Frankel
6. Best Kept Secret by Amy Hatvany
7. It Started With Goodbye by Christina June
8. The Lost Letter by Jillian Cantor
9. The Magician's Lie by Greer Macallister
10. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid

Ten good things that happened in 2017:
1. Seeing Hamilton
2. Trip to Nashville with my BFF
3. My older son getting into a school he really wanted to go to...and loving it
4. My daughter learning how to read
5. Meeting Nicole Waggoner when she was in DC
6. Catching up with family and friends on our trip to Chicago, as well as reuniting with a friend I haven't seen since high school.
7. Making some new friends online and in person
8. Seeing In the Heights at a local professional theater...featuring an actor I saw in the Broadway production.
9. My BFF coming to town for a visit (it's our annual end-of-year thing)
10. Getting to see Jen Tucker and Pam Jenoff again over the summer.
Bonus: Winning a Greatest Showman themed contest on social media!!!

Wishing you a happy, healthy, and prosperous new year!

2 comments:

Janine said...

Have a good 2018. I enjoyed reading your lists.

Urban Girl said...

Sounds like a great year (Hamilton and In the Heights - wow) and I definitely want to check out some of your fave reads from this year.

Also a web series - love them - will have to check "Soon By You" out.

Thanks!!

Katherine F. (Ottawa)