I recently heard "American Ride" by Toby Keith on the radio. That song always reminds me of my move to Maryland. I was able to listen to country music on the radio again and it kept coming on. It was fun and amusing. I also love the video for this song. It uses style similar to Jib-Jab. I just get a good feeling from it because it makes me think of settling in and making new friends and being overly satisfied with my new home and community.
"American Ride" also fits in with my love for songs about America. Not the classics that we had to memorize in grade school. The country songs that talk about the American way of life. Other titles that come to mind are "American Saturday Night" and "All-American Girl." I love anything that celebrates America. It's nice in the midst of so many people complaining about everything that is wrong with America. If that's the case, why not pack up and move overseas? It even bothers me when people complain about President Obama. He won by a landslide, which is better than the pathetic ways "Dubya" won the previous two elections. That means most of America wanted him in office. He's doing his best, so let's give him a break. He has a huge mess to clean up....8 years worth. It takes some people a long time to clean up their own messes from even a shorter period of time, and that's without the entire country watching their every move!
I love that we live so close to DC. It's so exciting to see the places where American history took place. I was thrilled to be able to set foot in the White House. I also love being able to see the Declaration of Independence on display at the National Archives. I enjoy telling my kids that it is why we now have fireworks on the 4th of July.
That brings me to another point...I love the 4th of July. I dress in patriotic colors every year for the occasion. It's not just about the fireworks, which don't excite me as much as they used to. It's more about the feeling of American pride and the reminder of our freedom. I just love being American, whether it means going to baseball games, eating hot dogs, being a tourist in a new city, taking road trips, voting for the President, having a Memorial Day barbecue or watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.
I really do love this American ride...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great post! God Bless America! I don't know that song though, I'll have to find it and listen...
i hyperlinked it in the blog. enjoy!
Post a Comment