For this week's [Fiction] Friday, we were not prompted to write a story. Instead, they asked "What are your top 5 Anti-Resolutions for the coming year?"
This was hard for me, as I usually don't keep any resolutions I actually do make. However, I thought I'd try to be as amusing as the people who did this kind of post last year (in the examples I saw).
1. I will not post on Facebook about every song that comes into my head for the mere purpose of getting them into everyone else's head. (This is something I currently do, so I want to try to cut back on the habit.) I will, however, tell you that "Boogie Fever" is currently playing in the soundtrack of my mind.
2. I will not give birth to an alien or other non-human life form, come late February (b'shaah tovah).
3. I will not get drunk and proceed to a karaoke bar to sing "Only Hope" by Mandy Moore in the key of B-minor while wearing a tutu and 6-inch heels.
4. I will not conduct science experiments in my secret lab and then try to pass them off as food items.
5. I will not set a ridiculous and unattainable goal for myself this coming year so that I can blog about it like in "Julie and Julia."
What are your anti-resolutions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I decided no more resolutions! I know my house needs work. I know I need to lose weight. I know walking everyday is good for your health. But then I just feel guilty about not doing it.
So this year.... goals! Only things that are a challange for me to actually finish, but that are a joy and not a chore. I actually listed them as my FB status last night but here they are.
1) Read 100 books (and complete all online book challenges in the process)
2) Write reviews for every book I read.
3) Write 5 short stories.
4) Learn to shimmy.
5) Dance in public at least once.
6) Go to a belly dance show to watch.
Oh, and I appreciate #1. :)
#2-4 should be pretty easy, although #3 might need some constant mindfulness.
#5 is a good goal.
No other way to say this, Dude, why did you let on about the secret lab? Now our plans to over take the tri-state area are ruined. Ruined I say.
Also, pink tutu's should never be dissed, it is a fashion choice that never goes in style... just sayin'
i enjoyed # 3 and # 4. tutu and high heels should never be a combination one sees any day of the year. :)
Great list! So, for #3, will you be giving up the tutu or 6-inch heels?
Hilarious!
So no more soundtrack of Melissa's mind? I just have one thing to say: Thank You. I have enough random music running through my mind as it is.
I would pay money to see #3. You might want to rethink this one.
Good luck with your non-alien baby!
So I wonder if you're going to do #3 without getting drunk (definetly not good for the baby). Isn't it interesting though how most people associate singing in public with getting drunk - most people apart from us Celts of course.
argggghhh.. song is in my head.. can't .... think of anything else... you evil evil person.....
here are mine
http://annieevett.blogspot.com/2011/01/annies-anti-resolutions-for-new-year.html
Post a Comment