Recently, I had asked readers of my Chick Lit Central blog what their guilty pleasures were, based on a question that we asked an author in an interview. It got me to thinking of my own guilty pleasure. I know we could go with the standard of chocolate, which is pretty obvious. (Just visit me at work on any given day of the week.) However, I have an even guiltier pleasure than that....
For the past few years, I've been addicted to "90210." I'm not talking about the series from the early 90's with Brandon, Brenda and the gang. I'm talking about the new series on the CW starring a bunch of actors that no one has ever heard of prior to the show (aside from Lori Loughlin of "Full House" fame). From the moment the school performed "Spring Awakening" in season one, I was hooked. When Matt Lanter joined the cast mid-season as Liam, I couldn't tear my eyes away. (If I need a distraction from Adam Lambert, I turn to him.) There's something I like about this series vs. the old school series. I get consumed by the story lines and ruminate over them between episodes. (I don't know if it has gotten as far as my "Desperate Housewives" nightmares though.) Just when I worry that the show is going to jump the shark, it just gets even more interesting and entertaining and continues to add new characters either as someone likable or as a villain.
You're probably asking yourself why "90210" of all shows is my guiltiest pleasure. Why not "Desperate Housewives?" Simple...because my husband does not watch "90210" and I don't think I'd even let him watch at this point (since all he would do is make fun of the Peach Pit and compare it to The Max from "Saved by the Bell"). Also, it is a high school drama and I'm a mother in her mid-30's. In any case, I find it impossible to tear my eyes away from this show and I hope it continues to stay on the CW for many more seasons to come.
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love it. Funny thing is I think I'm more into the teen dramas now (also in my 30s) than I was as a teen.
Are we trying to relive those good ole' high school days?
Post a Comment