It was nine years ago today that I walked into Barnes and Noble after a stressful day (locked my keys in the car that morning in freezing cold weather) and saw my husband in person for the first time. We had been talking on the phone and e-mailing a lot prior to that first meeting where he asked me out for hot chocolate (because we both don't drink coffee). When I saw him, I just knew he was the one I was going to marry. I don't know how I knew it at the time, but we just clicked so well right away. Plus, he gave me the "thumbs up" sign on our first date, so that spoke volumes. :) In honor of our nine years together as a couple, I wanted to share nine things I love about my husband. (As you may recall, I shared eight fun facts about us as a couple when we reached eight years together.)
1. His sense of humor. He knows how to make me laugh till I can barely see straight!
2. He's an amazing Abba. The kids are crazy about him and he devotes a lot of time and attention to them.
3. I don't need a doula because he's a great birthing partner (I do call him Paula Ab-doula though). He helped me through my first two births and I know he'll be right by my side for this one too (b'shaah tovah), except during epidural time, of course!
4. He's a fabulous cook, even when he experiments with new recipes. I never have to worry about starving with him around!
5. He's very ambitious and motivated. He loves his job and works hard to always make sure things are going smoothly at work. He studied non-stop this summer to get his project management certification, as well.
6. We always have something new to talk about, which is so important to me. He's a great conversationalist.
7. He's a fantastic photographer and we have his work framed and hanging up all over the house. I'm always proud to tell people that he took the pictures they were admiring.
8. He's very committed to Judaism and being observant, which is important because he keeps us grounded in our faith and always finds new ways to make parashas, Shabbat and holidays interesting for the kids.
9. He puts up with all my craziness (and pregnancy mood swings) and hasn't made a run for it yet. :)
May we make it another 9 years to "chai" and beyond... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Mazel Tov!
Congratulations on nine years together! Jay and I met nine years ago in March and I may just steal your wonderful idea. Lots to love about our wonderful hubbies!
Nice idea! I think I will do that too!
Congrats on 9 years. Looking forward to reading about the 50 things.
Post a Comment