Wednesday, May 8, 2013

52 Stories: A Whole New World

Inspired by One Hundred Names by Cecelia Ahern, I've decided to ask people some thought provoking questions about themselves, as I feel that everyone has a story to tell. If you're just joining me on this journey today, please check out the previous posts from this series, as well.

I met this storyteller through...you guessed it...my book blog. She's always participating in giveaways and I've enjoyed getting to know her through her answers to all my bonus questions. I also love that she calls herself a "Literary Chanteuse."

Name: Margaret Faria
Age: 41
Gender: Female
Location: British Columbia, Canada

What is an experience that is legendary for you?
I worked on a Cultural Representative program for a year at Disney World in Orlando,Florida. It was an amazing experience! I met people from all over the world and to this day I am in touch with all of my international friends.

What is your guilty pleasure?
Chocolate

What is something you've never done but you would like to do?
I have always wanted to be the voice for a Disney character both the speaking and singing.

If you could give someone one of your favorite things as a gift, what would it be and why?
I'd give a book and often do. I love to read and love to share the reading experience with others.

What is something you did that changed someone's life?
I remember a friend once was having a difficult time making a decision and I was supportive and helped her make her choice.

What part of your personality is now extinct?
I used to be quite shy as a child. I've gotten over that fear and am usually very chatty.

What is one thing that you find really funny?
I love British humor. It is dry, witty and sharp but I love it.

Tell me one thing you love about yourself (or a gift you'd like to get yourself, where money is not an issue):
I love that I have the ability to sing and have a very good ear for music. It comes naturally and as far back as I can remember it's been a part of me.

What TV show, book or movie is most like your life?
I'd say Selena with Jennifer Lopez. Of course more her early years as a child singing.

What is something that not many people know about you?
I love classical music and listen to it often. Although I sing music that is more popular I have always loved classical. I have also read about many composers and travelled to many European sites just to see their homes etc.

1 comment:

Literary Chanteuse said...

So much fun answering these questions. Thank you Melissa!