Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Music over time

Even though I am not listening to music this week in honor of the nine days leading up to Tisha B'Av, I thought I'd still reflect upon this topic, as my birthday is a week away!


July 20th, 2006
03:22 pm - Songs of the last 10 years

I was thinking yesterday of songs that remind me of my birthdays over the past 10 years. This is what I came up with:

20: "Who Will Save Your Soul?" - Jewel
21: "Six Underground" - Sneaker Pimps
22: "The Way" - Fastball
23: "Man, I Feel like a Woman!"-Shania Twain
24: "Sexual" -Amber
24.5: "Stranger in My House"-Tamia (per "Will's" request) :)
25: "Independent Woman"-Destiny's Child
26: "Complicated" -Avril Lavigne
27: "Bring me to Life" - Evanescence
28: "Accidentally in Love" - Counting Crows
29: "Rich Girl" (also "Holla Back Girl") - Gwen Stefani

I'm passing the ball to anyone else who wants to do this for themselves in their own blog. Have fun!


Follow up:
I have five more years to add to this list now. More often than not, they just remind me of the summer I turned each age.
30: "Not Ready to Make Nice" by Dixie Chicks and "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield
31: "Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie (even though I hate it now because it reminds me of how nauseous I was with my pregnancy and how much I hated our first house in NJ.)
32: "Love Song" by Sara Bareilles
33: "American Ride" by Toby Keith (a little later after my birthday but that's the only song I associate with last summer.)
34 (this year): "California Girls" by Katy Perry

It's fun to look back and see what path my music tastes have changed. There are some songs that I still love and others that I could care less if I ever heard them again.

No comments: