This week's Friendship Friday post is about two friends again.
I've decided to put C-La and Tansh (my nicknames for them) in the same post, since my friendships with both are interconnected (and I have a funny story to go along with that).
I met Tansh through my first major in college. We were in a lot of the same classes and I thought she was really nice. We'd talk a lot before and after class and work on projects together.
I met C-La through J.J.. They were in the same circle of friends and I'd see her around a lot. We started talking and getting to know each other better.
One day, I ran into C-La by the elevators in one of the residence halls. She said she was waiting for a friend, so we chatted for a few minutes in the meantime. Then Tansh walked out of the elevator and I greeted her, as well. Tansh walked right over to us and C-La introduced me to her. We had a good laugh about how we were friends already and that I didn't know the two of them were friends, as well. Such a small world. After that encounter, we got together for a girl's lunch day out toward the end of the semester.
After I graduated from college, I stayed in touch with them and we got together when they were in town. In the summer of 2001, we started hanging out more often. They both lived in the city, so I'd go up there a lot. We'd hang out around the Clark and Belmont area, going to dinner and improv comedy shows together. We also liked hanging out at Cosi a lot because they had s'mores. We became even closer that summer. Sometimes J.J. would join us too, as she was also friends with both of them.
As time went on, we continued to meet up with each other in the city. It wasn't as frequent as before, but we always had fun each time we got together. There was one time when we went back to Tansh's apartment after dinner and ended up watching a bunch of episodes of "Love is in the Heir" (a reality show about a princess trying to live an average life). It was silly and trashy, but we found it humorous and couldn't tear our eyes away.
We also liked frequenting Penang a lot. (A Malaysian restaurant in Chinatown.) One time I took my family there and ran into them! That was a funny coincidence. And I even took a road trip with them to Madison in the fall of 2001. My Debbie Gibson "Electric Youth" cassette didn't survive the trip though. We had fun taking long walks around the capitol/college campus and trying out drums in a drum store.
After I moved out of state, we stayed in touch but didn't get to hang out as often. Usually it was during my visits back to Chicago. I was very happy to hear their good relationship news (C-La got married last year and Tansh is engaged). C-la was in NYC a few times and we got to meet up with her and her (now) husband when we lived in NJ. She said they come to DC a lot, so I hope we'll get to arrange something for when they're in town. (I hope they'll bring Tansh with too.) Unfortunately, I didn't get to see them on my last two trips back to Chicago. I miss their smiling faces and I hope they'll both get on Facebook soon! (At least C-La's husband is on there so I can see the pics he posts.) In the meantime, we'll always have "Love is in the Heir." (And Cosi's s'mores too!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment