Thursday, February 14, 2013

Candy Merrylandgirl Wants

I've been blogging with three fabulous women for almost two years and have been enjoying all the fun topics we come up with week after week. If you want to see what we've discussed in the past, check out our posts here.

This week, my topic choice was candy!

Before reading ahead, first see what everyone else had to say on this topic:
Froggie
Mom of Many
Moma Rock

Since it's Valentine's Day, I decided not to go all sappy in my blog project post. I wanted to keep it light and fun and go with something that V-day always conjures up in my mind....CANDY! (I'm not a fan of conversation hearts though. They're too hard and taste like chalk.)

The giant basket of candy at my desk. It's always this full!

There's so much to say on this topic and I could be here all year discussing anything and everything about candy. (I have such a sweet tooth.) Therefore, I've decided to give myself a candy themed interview.

Favorite chocolate candy: M&M's!!!! (No offense to Frango Mints, but M&Ms are way more accessible!)
Favorite non-chocolate candy: Jelly Bellies...but only certain flavors. Twizzlers too!
Favorite candy to eat at the movies: Raisinets
Favorite movie about candy: Wreck-It Ralph. "Sugar Rush" is like candy heaven! I love how Vanellope has all the candy in her hair too.
Favorite song about candy: Since most songs about candy are from the 50s and rather silly (or they're children's songs), I'm going with just a song that has it in the title...."Candy Everybody Wants" by 10,000 Maniacs.
Favorite episode of a TV show involving candy (because I can't think of a TV show that's strictly about candy): The Junior Mint episode of Seinfeld. (I'm just realizing that there are quite a few episodes about candy.)
Favorite book about candy: The Chocolate Lovers' Club by Carole Matthews
Favorite holiday themed candy (any holiday): Candy corn! Also...peppermint bark and those jelly candies that look like fruit slices for Passover.
Favorite Jelly Belly flavor: Cotton candy and pink grapefruit
Favorite memory involving candy: Trick-or-treating! What's better than going door-to-door to get free candy? And sorting through it afterward is lots of fun too. Honorable mention goes to my nail-biting bet with Froggie in seventh grade where Bubble Tape was at stake.
Favorite candy store: The Long Grove Confectionery in downtown Long Grove, Illinois. Their chocolate covered strawberries are to die for and it smells so good in there all the time!
Least favorite candy: Anything that combines peanuts and chocolate.
Worst candy idea ever: Candy cigarettes and bubble gum chewing tobacco (a.k.a. Big League Chew). Why not just have candy LSD while you're at it?!?
Candy that reminds me of my youth: The dots that stick to paper. After my Bat Mitzvah party, we had tons of them and I'd eat them all the time. I also remember the ice cream cones where the "ice cream" was actually a marshmallow.
Candy I love but can't eat anymore: Skittles...they're made with gelatin. Why hasn't anyone invented a Kosher version yet? They have Kosher Smarties and those are up there in flavor with conversation hearts. I used to devour bags of Skittles after dance class in high school. I can just taste the rainbow in my mind....
Candy I never thought I'd like but now I do: Sno-Caps or any variety of chocolate with those little dots on them.

Feel free to answer these questions for your own blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts on all things candy!

Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Now all you've done is gone and make me HUNGRY! Great post! :)

Janine said...

Now I feel the need to get some chocolate. :)