Monday, February 4, 2013

Know Me Better...in 2013

I am a Reader, Not a Writer is a blog I've been following. The blogger's initiative (which she finally brought back...unless I've been sleeping for a long time and missing a lot of these posts) is to pick five questions off of her author interview list to answer. She invited her readers to share their answers to these questions, as well. One of the ways to do this is through our own blogs. So I'm going to do it right here.

This Week's Questions:
*Is there anything you would like to say to or ask your favorite author?
*Are you a dreamer or a realist?
*Theater or Rental?
*Share a family tradition.
*Favorite late night snack?

Is there anything you would like to say to or ask your favorite author?
I do it (almost) every week on my blog (since I'm not the only one doing interviews anymore). However, I don't think Wally Lamb will be visiting a chick lit blog and I'd love to tell him how incredible his books are and how She's Come Undone still sticks with me 15 years after reading it. I'd ask him why he doesn't write books more often, as he's such a talented writer.

Are you a dreamer or a realist?
A bit of both. I'm a dreamer in that I always look for the positive in everything. I'm also realistic in that I don't expect things to happen the way I wish they would. (Although it would be nice if I had full control over all things happening in the world...again, dreaming!)

Theater or Rental?
Ideally, theater...but only if I get a good price on movie tickets. I love the theater experience from the comfy seats to the smell of popcorn to the zillion (yes, I know that's not a real number) previews.

Share a family tradition.
Shabbat dinner. I light the Shabbat candles when my husband goes to mincha services. When he gets back, we sing, do blessings over our children, wine/grape juice and challah and then we eat. My husband reads the parasha to the boys from a children's book about it while I put the baby to bed. Then we have dessert and say Grace after meals.

Favorite late night snack?
Popcorn, but I am lacking the good kind of microwave popcorn, as the single-serve bags don't pop as nicely and usually burn before they even get all the way through popping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You're welcome to do this question challenge in your blog and then post the link in the comments section. I'd love to read your answers too!


No comments: