Wednesday, July 17, 2013

52 Stories: Galaxy Girl

Inspired by One Hundred Names by Cecelia Ahern, I've decided to ask people some thought provoking questions about themselves, as I feel that everyone has a story to tell. If you're just joining me on this journey today, please check out the previous posts from this series, as well.

I met this storyteller through my book blog, as she is an active giveaway participant. Her unique nickname stood out to me and I thought it would be fun to get to know her better.

Name you'd like to go by: Victoria (aka zEmfIrKa)
Age: 28
Gender: F
Location: Boston, MA

What is an experience that is legendary for you?
This is a tough one! I haven’t particularly considered that I’ve done anything extraordinary in my life thus far (but I’m hoping that’s to come). I think so far, most of my legendary experiences are in connection with my work. This might not be the biggest or most impressive thing for many, but I’ve got to go to Paris for work for a week last year. I’ve never been before, other than the airport (to which I’ve been a number of times), and I was just so excited and anxious. It was amazing! It was January, and it was actually extremely cold and I had only one single day off from work – I’ve worked the rest of the week (along some amazing people from all over the world). So, for one day I walked the streets of Paris, all by myself, back and forth – I’ve tried to do as much sightseeing as I could.

What is your guilty pleasure?
This is probably pretty common, but I have to say TV. Not some great, epic movies, or groundbreaking dramas, but something very trashy and addicting like RHONJ. “Bravo” certainly knows how to feed my addiction.

What is something you've never done but you would like to do?
Travel the world? Have a kid?

If you could give someone one of your favorite things as a gift, what would it be and why?
Oh! My Galaxy S3 phone! My husband says I’m addicted. (If so, he is too!) But seriously, that thing does so much that I think if I had to part with my most dearest that would be it. It’s a multi-tasker: a phone, a mini computer, a kindle in-a-pinch, a music player, a surprisingly nice camera, the list goes on…

What is something you did that changed someone's life?
I asked my husband to marry me!  So, clearly that had to change his life, no?

What part of your personality is now extinct?
I am much more of a hermit now. I used to be quite outgoing, talkative, and super-friendly. But, I quite prefer the company of my family to any other company nowadays.

What is one thing that you find really funny?
My two dogs! If you watch them, even for a few minutes, they are bound to do something totally funny and adorable.

Tell me one thing you love about yourself (or a gift you'd like to get yourself, where money is not an issue):
I am a total neat freak. My friends and family all make fun of me because of it. Ever do cleaning straight out of bed, 7:00 a.m. on the weekend, in your nightie? No? Well, I do!

I kind of like that about myself – love all things to be in order and clean!

What TV show, book or movie is most like your life?
I usually read to escape, so I prefer to read fantasies that don’t really reflect my daily life; rather something completely incredible and unexpected. So, I can’t really think of anything that is similar to my life, but I can tell you about a relation that reminds me of myself and my husband. Lord and Lady Maccon from Gail Carriger’s The Parasol Protectorate series. (We’ll ignore the fact that they are a soulless and a werewolf).

What is something that not many people know about you?
I am a blogger. Part of the reason most people don’t know this about me because I’ve only recently started my book review blog, although I’ve been reviewing (mostly on Goodreads) for some time now. I’m still a bit shy about it, so I don’t advertise this fact much, but I’m starting too. So, hopefully more people will know soon! http://zemfirkablogs.blogspot.com/

No comments: