Inspired by One Hundred Names by Cecelia Ahern, I've decided to ask people some thought provoking questions about themselves, as I feel that everyone has a story to tell. If you're just joining me on this journey today, please check out the previous posts from this series, as well.
I met this storyteller through...you guessed it...my book blog. She enters the giveaways frequently and we connected at some point as a result. She's even done some guest reviews from time to time. She's very nice and I enjoyed getting to know her even better through "52 Stories."
Name you'd like to go by: Kim W
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Location: Calgary, AB Canada
What is an experience that is legendary for you?
Almost 8 years ago I became a mom. I now have two very darling special needs children who have completely changed my life. My son has a rare seizure disorder and is on the autism spectrum and my 6 year old daughter also has autism. It has been legendary because becoming a parent is tough enough, life-changing enough, but to throw in this other stuff that you weren't expecting....it's been crazy. And I won't say I wouldn't change it for the world, because if I could, I would take away their "disabilities" because life is and is going to continue to be very hard for them...but I will say that I wouldn't change a thing about their amazing personalities. They are the true loves of my life.
What is your guilty pleasure?
Reading. Reading. And more reading. Preferably at my local Starbucks or in my bed. With a coffee. Or popcorn! I'm getting warm tinglies just thinking of it!
What is something you've never done but you would like to do?
Visit New York. Or kiss Taye Diggs.
If you could give someone one of your favorite things as a gift, what would it be and why?
My books-or at least, my love of reading!! I don't have many people in my face-to-face life (meaning, outside of my online book lovin' groups) who love to read like I do, or especially the types of books that I enjoy. So I would love if the people in my life loved to read my types of books so we could talk about them!
What is something you did that changed someone's life?
I work part time at an autism respite agency and I've taken several calls from parents in distress. I hope that I've helped them in some way by sharing my own experiences and advice.
What part of your personality is now extinct?
The 20 year old party girl. I used to love to go dancing, flirt with the boys and just enjoy the music! Now, even on the rare occasion my husband and I get to go out, I'm already dreading the middle of the night wake up from my daughter or the early morning in general, so I tend to keep it calm and am home in bed by 10 or 11pm!! Who would have thought??
What is one thing that you find really funny?
Oh so many things....ok, one thing I'm thinking of is a Friends episode where Ross has Chandler and Rachel helping him move a couch up a difficult stairway in his apartment building and he's yelling "Pivot! Pivot!! Pivvvvvot!" So funny. A person would have to lack any sense of humor to not find it funny!
Tell me one thing you love about yourself (or a gift you'd like to get yourself, where money is not an issue):
I like to think I'm a kind person. I just really care about people and humanity.
What TV show, book or movie is most like your life?
My life is too tame for any kind comparison to anything on TV. Maybe Parenthood, simply for the fact one of the couples has a son with Autism.
I sometimes wiiiiish my life was more like a Sex In The City episode , starring as Mr Big's girlfriend! But those thoughts only occur occasionally thankfully!
What is something that not many people know about you?
I love to sing and I can actually carry an ok tune!
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is really sweet! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment