I've been blogging with three fabulous women for over two years and have been enjoying all the fun topics we come up with week after week. If you want to see what we've discussed in the past, check out our posts here.
This is the last week with the current group, as Mom of Many has decided to pursue other interests. We wish her all the best and hope she'll keep blogging in general, when she can find the time in her crazy busy life. The blog project will take a short break for the time being and we hope to be back soon with lots of new and interesting topics to discuss.
Speaking of "hope," this one word just happens to be Mom of Many's last topic.
Before reading ahead, first see what everyone else had to say on this topic:
Froggie
Mom of Many
Moma Rock
I honestly drew blanks when trying to think of what to write on this topic. It's not that I don't have hopes for myself and others, but writing anything down about that just felt scattered to me. So to keep things light this week, I'm taking a different approach. I'm featuring some songs that have the word "hope" in the title or use it a lot in the lyrics.
"I Hope" by Dixie Chicks (What can I say...I love country music!)
"My Wish" by Rascal Flatts (uses the word "hope" a lot)
"High Hopes" by Frank Sinatra (I love Sinatra's music and I find myself singing this one to my kids. I remember learning that it was used during the Kennedy administration, as well.)
"Hopelessly Devoted to You" by Olivia Newton John from Grease (I've always loved Grease...such a classic...so I definitely had to include this one.)
"Wishin' and Hopin'" by Ani DiFranco from My Best Friend's Wedding (Such a great opening sequence to a movie with a nice adaptation of an oldie hit.)
"Defying Gravity" by Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth from Wicked (The word "hope" is used a lot at the beginning even though it is cut off in this video and also in the middle.)
I hope to have more to write about soon both through the blog project and in general!
Thursday, July 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love Hopelessly Devoted to You! :) Great post!
Post a Comment