Wednesday, July 24, 2013

52 Stories: Move over, Chevy Chase!

Inspired by One Hundred Names by Cecelia Ahern, I've decided to ask people some thought provoking questions about themselves, as I feel that everyone has a story to tell. If you're just joining me on this journey today, please check out the previous posts from this series, as well.

I met this storyteller through my book blog, as she also has a really cool book blog. She seems really nice and I've enjoyed reading her thoughts on books.

Name you'd like to go by: Melody
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Location: Southern California

What is an experience that is legendary for you? 
Having a wedding with 500 guests! It was legendary!

What is your guilty pleasure? 
I love, love, love getting facials. I spend a bit of money (I'll say a bit) on getting facials every month. I just love it! (Overusing love?)

What is something you've never done but you would like to do? 
I would like to visit Italy. I remember watching this quirky movie with Marissa Tomei and Robert Downey Jr., and I remember thinking, "I want to go to Italy." I definitely do not want to have the same drama she experienced in the movie, but maybe more Eat, Pray, Love. Eat pasta, enjoy the merriment, drink wine.

If you could give someone one of your favorite things as a gift, what would it be and why? 
I'd give them my giant, white, fluffy blanket that's on my bed. It is literally the best blanket. I spend many hours reading on that blanket. It's comforting, and warm, and I'd like to give that feeling to someone else.

What is something you did that changed someone's life? 
I helped them learn to read. I'm a reading teacher, so I have the privilege of doing that every day. Pretty cool, huh?

What part of your personality is now extinct? 
Harboring resentment. I think it came with age, but I don't hold grudges anymore. It's not worth my time.

What is one thing that you find really funny? 
My husband. He lights up my world. He's the funniest person I know. I also go onto Pinterest's humor section once a day. So much to see there, and it always makes me laugh!

Tell me one thing you love about yourself (or a gift you'd like to get yourself, where money is not an issue): 
I'd give myself an all-expense paid European vacation. I deserve it!

What TV show, book or movie is most like your life? 
Oh gosh, Modern Family's Phil and Claire are a lot like my husband and I. With some differences to be accounted for (I hope I'm not that uptight, and he's not so dingy!

What is something that not many people know about you? 
When I was younger, I played on a Olympic Development Program team for soccer, and I can teach Pilates and Spinning!

No comments: