Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A "Thriller" of a birthday

I've decided to wait till after Tisha B'Av ended to post this week's edition of "Time Warp Tuesday" in honor of my birthday. :)



This was the party my husband and some close friends threw for me when I turned 30. I can't believe it's been four years since that special day. So much has happened in the last four years....

*Trying to run a work-from-home business, but scrapping it after it was going nowhere
*Becoming Shomer Shabbos and observing more laws of Kashrut.
*Moving to New Jersey...and then moving down the street a few months later
*Giving birth to my younger son in 2008
*Watching both my boys grow into little men
*Getting a medical billing job
*My grandpa passing away
*Having to find our cat a new home due to my son's allergies (and succeeding at it)
*Moving to Maryland
*Landing my current job, which I still love
*Surviving Snowbliteration 2010
*My older son getting a cochlear implant
*Starting Chick Lit Central
*Getting to meet some of my favorite authors at book signings and through Chick Lit Central
*Becoming a parent blogger for EmpoweringParents.com
*Learning how to knit, even though I still have half a scarf to finish before winter
*All the new friends I've made over the last few years and all the long time friendships that have grown with me

2 comments:

Dauphyfan said...

Isn't it amazing how much you can cram into just a few short years? I can't imagine what the list would like when we all turn 40! Happy Birthday Melissa!

Sara said...

Hey! I got to hear your voice! :) What a great video for your 30th!