Inspired by One Hundred Names by Cecelia Ahern, I've decided to ask people some thought provoking questions about themselves, as I feel that everyone has a story to tell.
This woman has the exact same taste in books as I do. It's rare when that happens, but definitely a delight. When she likes a book, I know I will too. Our reviews are even similar without even looking at each other's first! I feel even more of a connection to her when she sends a book my way, since it was once handled by her and spent time in her home.
Name: Jonita Fex
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Location: Ontario, Canada
What is an experience that is legendary for you?
I agreed to go on a blind date despite the fact that I had some serious misgivings and I ended up meeting my husband! I was attracted to him instantly and it wasn't long until that attraction turned into love. I can't imagine how different my life would be today if I hadn't taken that chance!!
What is your guilty pleasure?
After a long day once the kids are asleep, I like to take a hot bath with the latest People magazine or a book that I just can't put down! I usually soak until long after the water has gone cold and I love every minute of it. I do some of my best reading in the bathtub!
What is something that you've never done but would like to do?
I've always dreamed of visiting London, England someday. I've never traveled anywhere overseas but that is something that I've always wanted to do. It feels like one of those places that I just have to experience for myself and I love 'armchair traveling' there.
If you could give someone one of your favorite things as a gift, what would it be and why?
Every Christmas I make sure that I give each of my three sons a book. My gift to them isn't just a book that they will enjoy but hopefully a love of reading that they will take with them as they grow into adults. I've always said to them that it doesn't matter to me what they read, but that they enjoy doing it. One of my sons enjoys graphic novels and another one is just starting to love comic books!
What is something you did that changed someone's life?
I won $250 to donate to a favourite charity a couple of years ago and I decided to donate it to our local pregnancy centre. Although I don't know if that $250 changed someone's life, I hope that it gave one young mother the things that she needed to give her baby the best possible start in life. When I was a pregnant teenager I had the support of my parents, and I can never thank them enough for that, but some young mothers are kicked out of their home and have no support at all.
What part of your personality is now extinct?
The fun part! Haha, kidding!! I would say that the rebellious part of my personality is now extinct, thank goodness! As a teenager I made it my business to rebel against my previous 'good girl' reputation. I took up smoking, dyed my hair black, skipped classes and did many other things that fit with my desire to rebel at the time. I'm now content to be a (non-rebellious) wife and mother of three!!
What is one thing that you find really funny?
My husband and I love funny movies and cartoons (ie. The Simpsons and Family Guy) and we are forever quoting them to one another when the situation presents itself! Often other people don't get what in the heck we are laughing about, but we get it and that's all that matters! We spent most of December quoting lines of the movie Elf starring Will Ferrell to each other, since that is one of our favourite holiday movies. Even the kids got into it!!!
Tell me one thing you love about yourself (or a gift you'd like to get yourself, where money is not an issue):
I love the fact that I try my best to take great care of my family. I'm happiest when my husband and kids are content and well looked after!! I think that this may be a cultural thing in my case- my mom is like this as well!
What TV show, book or movie is most like your life?
The book Husband and Wife by Leah Stewart really spoke to me at the time that I read it, although only the parenting aspects of the book, and thankfully not the marriage aspect! I remember reading it and thinking "Thank goodness I'm not the only one who doesn't have it all together when it comes to my kids"! If I had to choose a TV show that best represents my home life it would have to be a mix of the cartoons American Dad and The Simpsons, but mostly The Simpsons.
What is something that not many people know about you?
There are so many things that not many people know about me! I watch cooking shows on The Food Network and wish that I knew how to cook, yet I lack creativity of any kind in the kitchen. That being said, I make a mean lasagne and an even meaner cherry cheesecake. If I'm stressed out I organize my books and it makes me feel better. My belly button is pierced. I love getting presents! I sometimes have a hard time believing that I'm a 'grown up' even though I'm 31, am married with three kids and have a mortgage!!
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment